Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,545   Posts: 1,572,834   Online: 1031

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ok well, I hopped onto ebay and found an auction finishing in 5 minutes. It was the one I was looking at earlier. I bid on the start price and got it. It's a monocular night vision 1st gen, with headset, able to focus down to 12 inches. It's new with a 2year warranty, seems to be a reputable company. If it doesn't work out I'll sell it to a hunter on NZ's auction site. I paid 239US for it. They say the goggles are 500US, so seems more economical to get a monocular for half the price. Can't wait to see if it works.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    that is a great idea! wow, never thought of that. Good thing I haven't built my sink yet!

I'll let you know how it goes. I should be up and running in less than 2 months.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I also think being new to 8x10 this device might help with loading the film..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm now trying to see if I can build my own infrared light source. There is an electronics store down the street that I'm sure would sell IR LED's. Now, if I can just find plans to construct one. It seems like it would be simple..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually a simple tungsten bulb with an appropriate filter will do the job. It puts out about twice the IR as visible light.
    Something you might want to try when you get the IR viewer is an old safelight housing with a sheet of black plastic stretched over it. Often the black plastic is pretty transparent to the IR as the black is a dye incorporated into it. If its colored with carbon black it will be IR dark too, a little experimenting will tell you which is what.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sean, been away for 3 weeks, no cell phone no computer, just great...

I have yet to go down the IR route, lack of time to do the research, be interested to hear how you go.

Cheers
    David
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'll let you know, hopefully within 3 months time I'll be 100% up and running.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    HOUSTON, we are GO for development by infrared inspection.

Well, I got the night vision goggle today, shipping took a while. I was nervous that everything would be green and fuzzy, but after testing it in the darkroom, I'm amazed. I could read very fine print crystal clear from 12 inches away, and it was bright as daylight just green. I think this thing is going to be an awesome tool for the darkroom!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    -and I can be a Borg for Halloween

Images
    Sean, I think your eyes have adjusted to the whole night vision thing thanks to Paris Hilton!

Brian
    hi!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin