Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,867   Online: 1063

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Eyes closed whether in the darkroom or using a changing bag. Habit for the former, find it cuts out distractions for the latter.

Images
    For a while, I worked evenings in an in-house corporate photo department that printed large multiple runs of color prints. During the days, they had several people printing but since I was working alone in the evening, after balancing a night's worth of negatives, I would just darken the whole suite of darkrooms, lock all the electronic doors open and work in there for hours without being able to see my own hand in front of my face. It became completely natural to walk from room to room through doors and around furniture, set up and load the roll easles, sit around sipping coffee until a negative or roll of paper needed changing, even grab a pen and paper to write down notes (but not able to read them ) in utter darkness. I could have slept in there without closing my eyes.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    For a while, I worked evenings in an in-house corporate photo department that printed large multiple runs of color prints. During the days, they had several people printing but since I was working alone in the evening, after balancing a night's worth of negatives, I would just darken the whole suite of darkrooms, lock all the electronic doors open and work in there for hours without being able to see my own hand in front of my face. It became completely natural to walk from room to room through doors and around furniture, set up and load the roll easles, sit around sipping coffee until a negative or roll of paper needed changing, even grab a pen and paper to write down notes (but not able to read them ) in utter darkness. I could have slept in there without closing my eyes.
    You are ready to leave the temple grasshopper......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hehe!

I also tend to close my eyes. Seems more do than don't! So Jorge in Mexico, you're the weird one!

I have been trying to keep them open as training for getting my eyes 'lasered' where apparently you loose your vision while they attack your eyeball... I thought it would be good training to see 'nothing' so I don't panic!, although I haven't got a substuitute for the smell of burning flesh

I don't close my eyes in the dark. Hafta keep an eye on the gremlins.
    Three degrees of separation from Kevin Bacon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Oliveira
    Ed
    You drink a lot of coffe while loading a reel?
    That's REAL weird
    Jorge O
    That is the one time that I do NOT!! drink coffee.
    Didn't take long to realize that was *NOT* a good idea - unless you are searching for a new way to make abstracts ... Lightstruck film from dumping it into - questionably - light-tight containers while making an emergency run for the W.C.

I did find a "door" into an alternate universe. Just dorp a JOBO bottle cap - or anything - onto the floor of a darkroom in total darkness. It will bounce at aa rate exceeding the speed of light - and chances are that it will never be seen again.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

I know that feeling. I use a little handheld timer to time printing processes. One day I was putting the battery into when the little AAA dropped. In total darkness I managed to find it. I'm not sure I could have done it with the lights on.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Robert - Mine fell in the dev on Saturday morning! Luckily I have a spare 'cos they ain't waterproof...

Images
    Years ago I had a photo instructor that told the class to keep their eyes closed while loading film. He said to do it that way so you didn't see the light leaking under the door.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin