Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,396   Online: 1009

Shooter
    35mm

Devere lens 50/80

Hi, yet another question. The devere enlarger came with a 80mm lens which focuses fine, as I'm using 35mm I tried a nikor 50mm lens in but could not focus this, do i need some sort of recessed lens board or a different make of lens? or should I just carry on with the 80mm.
    Thanks Chris

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Lots of info and parts: http://www.khbphotografix.com/index.html

Ben
    Das Licht macht dem Denker und Forscher die meiste Freude. (from Swiss farmhouse)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris, the 50 does use a recessed holder.

The 80 will do for now, as the enlarger is capable of quite large enlargements, you will be able to do reasonably large stuff with 35mm film.

I often do small prints from 35mm with my 100 enlarging lens, coupled with the very long bellows I can actually make very fine small prints, almost to same size in fact.

The trade off is longer exposures, I don't really think much else would matter.

I would though, look around for a correct 50mm holder, picking one up at the right price, (whatever that may be) when you see one.

Always best not to rush these things.

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm
    I sort of figured I was using the wrong type of holder. I'm getting the hang of it now and am finding that I have a far greater level of control than I did with the durst enlarger I have been using, the timer/contrast controller is a dream to use. ManyThanks Chris.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin