Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,914   Posts: 1,584,711   Online: 790

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

New PocketPC Program for development

Hi all. I'm working on a program for PocketPC which is very simple. It's mainly a database that lets you enter film, developer, dilution, time, temp, and agitation. You can save your favorite combos in a PDA and then, when you go to develop, you pour in the developer and press a "Run" button. The program beeps at every agitaion interval, then beeps a bunch when it's time to pour out the developer.

I like it.

Is there anyone else out there who'd like to try it out? Like I said, it's for PocketPC, and uses .NET Compact Framework 3.5, which you'll probably have to download from Microsoft and it'll install on the next device sync.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice idea. My main problem with Windows Mobile is it takes 5 taps to get anything done. I'm probably the last living Palm OS fan in the world.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brofkand View Post
    I'm probably the last living Palm OS fan in the world.
    No, you're not

I just purchased two more old Palms (a IIIc and an M505), in addition to 3-4 other models I already have. I also bought a couple of spare replacement batteries on eboy, together with "Universal Serial Cradle", so that I can use newer models (Tungsten T, T3, etc.) with serial cable (see the link below for explanation).

For me, FotoTimer software on Palm is indispensable. I hooked it up with a 220V relay, and it also drives my enlarger. I use it for timing negative development and other processes, too...

http://www.open.hr/~dpleic/photo/Palm-enlarger.html

But, I don't use it for anything else - just photo-related stuff (sometimes I also use it for note-taking in the field).

Lately, I've even started thinking about developing my own stuff for it. Just looking for a good RAD tool, for "beginner" programmers

Denis

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I'd love to try that on my trusty iPaq! I used to use fototimer in the darkroom on a Palm IIIe, but it died a "left too close to wet things" kind of electronic death, and used to regularly need me to reinstall everything anyway, on account of the (non-rechargeable) batteries running out...!! And now I'm used to Windows mobile anyway...

Cheers, Marc

NY (USA), Kyiv (UKRAINE), Moscow (RUSSIA)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey, Wolfeye !

I am on testing stage of "Photographer's DevChart" application for modern device Apple iPhone. This program contain devchart (like digitaltruth.com), it also have IndexBook section with detalied information about each film, developer and manufacturer. And on next version are store, lab and repir service location and routing using GoogleMaps from You place.

Also in that time database are filling, so if You have some source in internet about labs, repair service, great analogue stores, please do not hesitate to write me message in this forum or use private message.

Thanks !
    --
    With best wishes,
    Sergei Shablovsky

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, I have an Palm and I made an film/developer database for it...
    I created it in PalmOS application Smart List to go...
    If anyone wants to try it...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    fotoroberto:

Do you have a link to your application?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brofkand View Post
    ... I'm probably the last living Palm OS fan in the world.
    I use a Palm also. The BTZS software is excellent and only available for Palm. At some point there was talk of converting it to Windows but I don't think it ever happened. I wish I could get a Palm cell phone with camera, BTZS software, and integrated 1 degree spot meter and incident market. Unfortunately, I am a very small market.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not even...sure do miss mine.

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I made a relational database in ThinkDB - list of films, developers, and combinations.
    You can enter new combinations from existing films & developers, add new films, new developers, and you can enter e.g. dilutions for developers, +N and -N development times, and also notes (dilution notes and freeform notes).
    It's useful as a reference point, and entering new data is quite easy (that's what relational databases are for). There's even a database of prints with notes, and database of developed films...

If anyone's interested, I can post the zip file with appropriate *.pdb files. But, you'll need ThinkDB 2 to use it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin