Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,147   Online: 834

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    I had one of those, and I've still got a few of the parts stashed away. If you have everything for it and it is in good shape they are very nice machines. IIRC the weak link was the old cotton insulated power cord that runs up the column and through a bakelite plug on the top. Mine had a short in it and the experience could have been rather shocking.
    So inspect that cord!
    I second this notion for any "truly old" electronic device. I still haven't replaced the crumbly 2-prong cables on my Fender Princeton Reverb and Gibson Skylark, but this reminds me to do so...
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know, I think you may have been right in your first description. If I were you I would make sure that it doesn't have any way to call Roswell. Don't leave it near a phone.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak made a series of enlargers for LF, MF and 35mm films as well as one for several sizes. The one shown in the OP was in use in the 40s - 50s. There was also a 35mm one that came in a tiny suitcase and when set up would serve as an enlarger or projector.

Yes, Kodak made, at one time, some of the finest photographic and optical products. This includes a whole series of high speed B&W and color printers for photofinsihers as well as processing equipment.

I have seen the lamp housing in gray and also black crackle finish.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    I don't know, I think you may have been right in your first description. If I were you I would make sure that it doesn't have any way to call Roswell. Don't leave it near a phone.
    Hehehe... he might hear it creeping up to his bedsite at night calling "Exterminate! Exterminate!..."
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    There was also a 35mm one that came in a tiny suitcase and when set up would serve as an enlarger or projector.
    By any chance, would that one be like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Signal-Corps-Pho...QQcmdZViewItem
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    I had one of those, and I've still got a few of the parts stashed away.
    Really? Do you have any negative carriers you'd like to sell? I've got one 6x6, another 6x9. But if I could lay my hands on a 35mm and a 6x4.5 and 6x7 then I'd have all my bases covered until I get into large format and could ditch my Printmaker and pass that on to someone just getting started.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SharpMonkey View Post
    By any chance, would that one be like this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Signal-Corps-Pho...QQcmdZViewItem
    No, it was different.

PE

Quote Originally Posted by 1SharpMonkey View Post
    Really? Do you have any negative carriers you'd like to sell? I've got one 6x6, another 6x9. But if I could lay my hands on a 35mm and a 6x4.5 and 6x7 then I'd have all my bases covered until I get into large format and could ditch my Printmaker and pass that on to someone just getting started.
    I'll take a look and let you know what turns up

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a diffusion head 4x5 Kodak Professional Enlarger from the same period, I think. Glass negative carrier and shutters just below the negative carrier stage. Can't use 50mm lenses, though, with the standard lensboard. Bellows only collapses to 60mm. Mine also has a little blower motor behind the head. There were three of these on epay when I got mine. I made matboard cutouts to help stabilize 35mm and 120 film in the negative carrier. For $60 including shipping, it was a great deal. It's the only enlarger in my darkroom.

K.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just picked up a 'Kodak Precision Model II' enlarger. I bought it after reading this thread, paid all of $15 for it. This enlarger is abit different, since it is painted in dark olive-green crinklepaint. It will handle negatives up to 6X9, but only came with a 35mm negative carrier. The lens on it is a 'Kodak Ektar 2 inch f4.5' that was made in England and it appears uncoated but in mint condition other than some dust.

Would be interested in finding other negative carriers and a spare lens board or two.
    P. Lynn Miller
    Sydney, Australia

Photo of the day... week... whatever...

And I have one of those Flickr thingy's...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin