Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,186   Online: 807

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by p3200TMZ View Post
    up to 6X9, but only came with a 35mm negative carrier. ......Would be interested in finding other negative carriers and a spare lens board or two.
    Yes, I would like to get my hands on other negative carriers. I have 6x6 and 6x9. would like 6x7 6x4.5 and 35mm. In case there really is a Santa Claus, I thought I'd mention that!
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

You don't even need special carriers since you have 6x9 and 6x6 carriers. You can print 6x7 in your 6x9 carrier just fine, and 6x4.5 in your 6x6 carrier just fine. (Also, I doubt a 6x4.5 carrier was ever made for it, given the vintage.) The film will lie just as flat as it would with special holders. I always tape my negs to the carrier anyhow, as it holds them flat and also keeps the top of the carrier from contacting them.

For 35mm, it would be nice to have a dedicated carrier. Until you find it, however, you can just print your 6x6 negs in the 6x9 holder, and convert the 6x6 holder to 35mm by laying some strips of 3M Photo tape across the 6x6 hole at right angles to make a window for 35mm. You can use some construction paper as well, but I trust the tape more with the emulsion side of my negs, as it is more smooth. This may be a stupid fear, but for me the tape works fine.

P.S. Make sure it is photo tape, and not gaffer tape. Gaffer tape would be a bad choice for this purpose. Photo tape is black masking tape that blocks light well.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 11-24-2008 at 02:50 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hey, 2F/2F, I'm interested in what you say about taping negatives. I have a number of Polaroid 665 negs that I need to get scanned, and of course they don't fit any standard carrier for my flatbed. I could try to lay them on the glass but (like you) I'm concerned about things touching the emulsion side. I was considering getting a thick plastic sheet of some sort, cutting the proper-size hole in it, and taping the neg on top. But of course I want to use a tape that is easily removed and leaves no residue -- do you think 3M Photo Tape is suitable? Thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SharpMonkey View Post
    Yes, I would like to get my hands on other negative carriers. I have 6x6 and 6x9. would like 6x7 6x4.5 and 35mm. In case there really is a Santa Claus, I thought I'd mention that!
    I have picked up too many free enlargers over the weekend. I am thinking of getting rid of my Kodak enlarger. If you can post some photos of your existing carrier with measurements, I can tell you whether my 35mm carrier will work with your enlarger. If so, we can discuss how to get it to you... when I make a decision on what I am keeping.
    P. Lynn Miller
    Sydney, Australia

Photo of the day... week... whatever...

And I have one of those Flickr thingy's...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by p3200TMZ View Post
    If you can post some photos of your existing carrier with measurements, I can tell you whether my 35mm carrier will work with your enlarger.
    I just took some photos of the 2 1/4" x 3 1/4" (6 x 9) carrier, along side a fabric tape measure. Apparantly the flash on my digital camera is too potent for close up shots and it has drowned out some details, one being the tape measure. But you can see the shaping of the carrier, it is not a simple flat machined sheet metal with a hinge. It is stamped with an inset, chrome plated to allow the negative to be slid in and out even while the carrier is mounted in the enlarger. The lever on the curved part is what allows the carrier to be spread apart slightly allowing the play for the negative to be slid. And the bottom side of the carrier that appears inside the enlarger facing down to the lens is painted black, so that will not scatter light.

The measurement along the hinge, side to side is 5 1/4" or 13.3 cm. The measurement from the hinge to the edge of the rounded side (while folded) is 4 3/8" or 11.1 cm.

Does this look like what you have?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_0204.JPG   100_0205.JPG   100_0206.JPG  
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi all,

just saw this at eBay:

No-3-CONDENSER-A-for-KODAK-PRECISION-ENLARGER-IN-BOX

it looks to be the condenser for 35mm film, 2"/50mm lens.

no connection, just saw it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by phfitz View Post
    it looks to be the condenser for 35mm film, 2"/50mm lens.

no connection, just saw it.
    Oh there IS a connection! This looks like the condenser in my enlarger! I wonder if there's a difference. This one says #3. Maybe there is a #1 and #2 (by deduction). I pulled mine out to have a look at it. The label on it flaked off where there was printing and it is too far gone to read. So I don't know what I have.

This seller has something else for this enlarger. It is listed as "EXPOSURE METER BRACKET A for KODAK PRECISION ENLARGER". http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MakeTrack=true

Don't quite know what to make of that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Yahoooooo! 35mm carrier found!

Oh wow! Thanks to the post by phfitz, I did some looking around on eBay. I looked for several weeks up until a week or so ago and nothing on eBay, but now there are three listings. Look at this! KODAK PRECISION ENLARGER HEAD WITH PARTS,CARRIERS http://cgi.ebay.com/KODAK-PRECISION-...QQcmdZViewItem

I'm buying this for the spare parts, and for the 35mm carrier. Looks like my hunt for the carrier is now over! And there's a spiffy 6x9 glass carrier included and an appropriate lens for the 35mm. Hopefully I've bid high enough to ensure my win, at $200

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I won the auction! $9.99. Nobody else bid. WOW! I'm so stoked! Now is the time to find a home for my Beseler printmaker 35 since I will not need it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are one lucky Monkey!
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin