Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,576   Posts: 1,545,712   Online: 760

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format
    if you're still looking for the camera back adapter, I have one, but as my Precision A is complete i.e. all the correct attachments, lenses, carriers,original instruction manual, all condensers (1,2,3) etc, I cannot break it up. Also there are two camera backs, the 35mm and bantam828. You need the camera back adapter in order to use the camera back. The camera back adapter also is used for the 21/4x31/4 picture taking (rather than the copying mode the 35mm and 828bantam backs are used for) back i.e. studio type use when a lens/shutter combo. is mounted up front. This Precision A was truly a whole camera system, modular in concept, from the outset. It was and still is, an elegantly conceived and wonderfully executed (finest of materials.....form follows function, photographic masterpiece of its day. With the Medalist 11, and extension back, cut film and film-pack adapters, one had as complete a photographic system as could be had in the day. It wasn't 'till the Blad, that anything eclipsed this combo. I have most everything, even the tilting easel, in boxes somewhere and am thinking of contacting the Eastman Museam to see if they already have a fine copy of this (these) examples.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I just bought one of these. It came with 3 carriers 2 6x9 and a 35mm. How do I tell which condenser I have in it? Whats left of the tag says "Condenser unit "A" for Kodak Prec. Enlarger". The rest of the tag is pretty much gone. It has the Kodak Projection Anastigmat ƒ4.5 105mm lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, I have been all through the bnphoto site. I see that it is supposed to have a universal condenser installed in it. I will see if I have any problems (probably not) with it. The one problem that I do have is the column goes straight up and down, so it does not fit where the Beseler and the Omega fit. I do not want to have to notch or remove my shelves so it will fit. I will try it sideways and see if that does it.
    Last edited by cj8281; 01-30-2011 at 06:59 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cj8281 View Post
    I just bought one of these. It came with 3 carriers 2 6x9 and a 35mm. How do I tell which condenser I have in it? Whats left of the tag says "Condenser unit "A" for Kodak Prec. Enlarger". The rest of the tag is pretty much gone. It has the Kodak Projection Anastigmat 4.5 105mm lens.
    Congradulations, this is a great enlarger. Read the whole thread if you haven't. If my memory is correct the condenser unit a is the standard double condenser unit. That glass is something else. Should have two roughly half spheres with the flat sides out. Believe it or not those condensers are about the best you can get for up to the 6x9 format. I would have kept my enlarger except that I needed a larger one for 4x5. Good luck and best wishes with your enlarger.
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Early last year I bought a Crown Graphic and an Omega D2. The only carrier for it that I have is the 4x5 one. I really like the Crown Graphic. I recently had the chance to acquire a Calumet 4x5 but it seemed a bit much and my Crown does everything that I want it to so far, so I passed on it.
    Have you heard much about the Kodak Projection Anastigmat lens? I will have to make another lens board and lens for it so I can do 35mm with it. Another thing that I noticed today, the two 2x3 carriers are different. One simply says 2x3 and the other does not have the little lever and says 2x3 SF. So does the SF stand for Single Frame or something like that?
    I take it from some of the other posts (I did read from the beginning) that you at one time had a Beseler PrintMaker 35. How did you like it? Did you ever print 120 (6x6) with it? I had an Omega C700 until Saturday and I think I may have sold my Beseler PrintMaker 35 today. The one thing that I like about the Kodak is that it uses a Lens Board to easily change lenses like the Beseler PrintMaker 35.
    When I first got the Kodak, it was really dusty on the outside as it had been stored uncovered in a garage for the last 12 years. It did have company though, so far I have counted 10 Rapid Omegas, 6 Graphlexes, a Calumet, a New Vue, 4 Kodak Medalists, an old 8x10 and a few Pentax SLRs. Oh it was sitting next to the Omega D2 that I bought earlier. Anyway the inside of the enlarger was clean, there wasn't any dust on the condensers at all. The Aperture ring was frozen on the lens though. The same was true of the Omega D2 also. It was pretty easy to get cleaned up, it does not have a detente ball to index it at the stops though. Actually neither of them did. It took a bit to get it cleaned up. The cord looks like it might have been replaced at one time, the one in the column, the other one looks to be in decent shape. Did you ever find any 127 negative carriers for the Kodak while you had it?
    Okay enough of my ramblings for today.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Early last year I bought a Crown Graphic and an Omega D2. The only carrier for it that I have is the 4x5 one.
    I would have bought extra negative carriers and used one enlarger instead of more than one but then I'm in a small apartment and lack a lot of room. You can readily obtain Omega D type carriers on eBay all night and day long. They are fairly ubiquitous with standard films sizes (35mm, 6x6, 6x7, 6x9, 4x5). I have the D5XL I think (going by memory since I'm at the office) with a color head. Very nice setup with lens turret with 3 lenses for miniature film, medium format and large format.

Have you heard much about the Kodak Projection Anastigmat lens?
    No, but there's plenty to read about it on the internet. A quick google search yielded quite a number of actual hits. My guess is that lens is only good for B&W since it's using the term anastigmat. If it were a color lens perhaps it might be labeled APO for Apochromatic http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apochromat

Another thing that I noticed today, the two 2x3 carriers are different. One simply says 2x3 and the other does not have the little lever and says 2x3 SF. So does the SF stand for Single Frame or something like that?
    My guess is SF is sheet film. 6x9's were very popular in both roll film and sheet film. That's the only medium format size that I know about that also came in sheet film. Educated guess.

I take it from some of the other posts (I did read from the beginning) that you at one time had a Beseler PrintMaker 35. How did you like it? Did you ever print 120 (6x6) with it?
    My opinion is the printmaker is not a very good enlarger. It is essentially a basic enlarger. I only used it for 35mm. You have to replace the condensors for medium format and the lens too. The condensors are inferior entry level quality. Compare the single condensor for the 35mm against one of the condensors in your Kodak Precision enlarger and you will see what I'm talking about. It's like comparing Cracker Jacks with premium quality caramel corn. No comparison!

Did you ever find any 127 negative carriers for the Kodak while you had it?
    Nope! I did find 6x9 glass carriers and a 6x9 glass carrier with a masking device so you could essentially use it for any film size. WOW such a nice carrier! I doubt you will ever scratch a negative in that enlarger!
    I love the wilderness and I love my trail cameras, all Fuji's! :) GA645, GW690 III, and the X100 which I think is the best trail camera ever invented (to date).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Reviving this old thread AsI just got the model 1 version B for 4x5.

I am wondering if anyone has any tips for tightnigh the locking screw on the main column. it's good the enlarger is well balanced by the spring as it does stay in place well, but it is a bit wobbly and I would like to tighten the screw and have it actually lock the head to the main column.

also, anyone have a spare filter holder?

cheers and any tips appreciated.

`nicholas

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin