Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,298   Posts: 1,535,738   Online: 827

Shooter
    4x5 Format

cpp2 not heating

Good news - I just got a second hand Jobo cpp2, bad news - it doesn't heat up. I've had a look at the thermal cut out button and it seems to be rusted in place, it won't budge to reset so I'm guessing the whole switch/reset unit is done for.

Has anyone got any idea what I can do, do Jobo still do servicing or parts for the cpp2 (as they still make them). Alternatively, is this something that could be replaced by a third party item by someone who knew what they were doing or by-passed in some way?
    .................................................. .........................
    www.peaklandscapes.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi, if you want to send the unit to Germany you should contact Klaus Dieter Seynsche, he does the repair work for Jobo / Germany and is very competent.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did you have the pump going when you tried out the heater? It won't heat unless the pump is on.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the link hal9000, good to know someone might be able to fix it if I can't get anywhere.

Yes bdial - I filled it up and had the pump running, I've just found out there's a fuse on the circuit board for the heating system so I'll check that out
    www.peaklandscapes.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    humm, fuses look fine, unfortunately.
    www.peaklandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Reviving this thread as I've the same problem .. . .

Wonder if anyone else has had any luck in troubleshooting their Jobo CPP2 Processors . .. anyone have a lead on a repair manual ? (long shot, I know)

Shooter
    35mm
    Pastiche, when I emailed Jobo service about my ATL heater they sent me a service manual with the schematics included. So it's probably worth trying them.

Also, when I thought the thermal cutout in my ATL was broken (before I saw the button... duh!) I was looking around for third-party objects that could be swapped in and I found heater thermostats w/ capillary probes (ebay Australia link):

That thermostat will cut back in automatically when the temperature goes under the 80C cutout limit, so it's probably not as good a replacement as an actual thermal cutout. But it's quite cheap.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you angusgr!

I'll give them a whirl . .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had the same problem but Her Klaus fixed it for me for about 170 euros including the shipping back.
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum43/5...lfunction.html
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin