Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,329   Posts: 1,537,191   Online: 827

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Jobo ATL-1000/1500 water temperature question

Hi All,

I'm looking for an easy way to process my E6 5x4 sheet film at home, and am considering one of the Jobo ATL1000/1500 processors.

Reading the install instructions on the Jobo site it seems to me that I need to feed water at process temperature to the unit whilst it's running - which is a pain because the area I have in mind for this only has a supply of cold water.

Can anyone confirm that this is the case or correct me if I've got things wrong!

Thanks,

Tim.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The only critical moment where the rinse water really should be around 100degF/38degC is after the first developer. (If you are planning on doing 3step E6, there are two intermediate rinsing steps.) Of course it's good to do the final rinse in warm water as well, but it doesn't need to be spot on 100deg.
    But this machine isn't that big or heavy, so you can quite easily carry it to your kitchen or bathroom and then drain it and take it away when you are finished. My ATL1000 isn't stationary, so I do something like this all the time (even though I put it in my darkroom and hook it up to my temp. controlled watertap, I need the space for other things when not processing film with the ATL). Just see to that you find a flat surface to get it leveled and also near a drain.
    Btw, I get excellent results with my ATL1000, it's a nice machine. I also have a CPP2 for b/w work, where I like to be a bit more in control, but with the CPP2 I miss the automation, i.e. just press start and wait half an hour or so for the beep.

//Björn

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for the Info Björn - looks like I'll have to investigate a controlled temperature tap!

Tim.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin