Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,913   Posts: 1,584,698   Online: 710

Shooter
    35mm

Super Chromega Dichroic II on D5 chasis, late

Super Chromega Dichroic II on D5 chassis, late.

Any market for these? I have a couple of them in good condition, and tons of hardware. Just wondering if they are even worth trying to sell... Been away from darkroom work for a quite a few years...I see a few these enlargers around but don't see much purchase activity. I know darkroom stuff is antique now, but I also know there are still people (as is evidenced by this forum) doing traditional photographic art as well. Try making a platinum print on an epson printer!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear William,

Put them up on Craig's List or ebay. They won't go for a lot but they might not be wasted either.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

Are you offering the/a Dichro head by itself?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by William Hicks View Post
    Super Chromega Dichroic II on D5 chassis, late.

Any market for these? I have a couple of them in good condition, and tons of hardware. Just wondering if they are even worth trying to sell... Been away from darkroom work for a quite a few years...I see a few these enlargers around but don't see much purchase activity.
    The hang up with selling these seems to be that no one wants to crate them up to ship. All the ones I've seen recently on the bay and craigs have been "local pick up only."

I am sort of shopping for a D5 but haven't recently seen any in my local area - South Texas.

Where are you located BTW?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Bought one on CL 1 1/2 years ago, a D5XL with the SCD II head, for $150.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    They really aren't that bad to ship them UPS if you can go multiple packages. I seem to have accumulated 4 of them, and the shipping was never more than $75 if I remember correctly. I ended up buying so many because I wanted a replacement Chromega head, and then I found a ZBE Starlight 55. The sellers never wanted to part the head out, so i just took the whole package. It was cheaper than buying the head separately. I ended up with more than I need, but I now have spare parts.

For shipping just take the chassis (movable part) off the rail. The rail can be wrapped in several layers of cardboard and shipped as a long tube. The baseboard is the same. The head and chassis should be well padded, but do not take up much space.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin