Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,266   Posts: 1,534,322   Online: 788

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Leitz focomat V35

Hi, a friend of mine gave me an V35 enlarger, ( nice present indeed ) the only problem is it's missing the top ( the black part). I don't think it's quitte difficult to make one myself but I don't know how it's fixed to the enlarger. Is there an owner of a V35 who would be so kind to take some d#g*t!l photos of the inside? That would be a great help to me !. Thanks Albert

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Why don't you take a photo to show what's missing. I don't know what black part you're referring to.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    OK here are two pictures ( i hope so, never done this before this way) As you can see it's missing the top of the enlargerhouse, when I turn up the light of the V35 my darkroom isn't dark anymore.:-(
    Hope these pics makes all a bit more clear. Thanks Albert

[/URL][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [IMG][/IMG]

Here's the second one, something went wrong
    Albert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have a photo of it but it's got a spring clip that keeps it in place. Two protruding notches in the back of the cover slip under the rear lip and the spring at the front locks it in. Or as it the other way ? doesn't matter.

You don't really need the cover to lock into place since there's not really a lot of movement when raising or lower the head. I would just fashion something from a piece of aluminum or similar and bend down the sides a bit to keep it from sliding off. You could add some foam seals around it to control any light spill or spray some matte black paint on the underside.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You might try contacting Leica to see if they have what you need. I don't know about the current situation, but not too long ago they did have some parts available for the V35. I don't know where you are located, but this will get you the contact information: http://us.leica-camera.com/contact/

Richard Wasserman

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here you go. Two crap photos!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails leitz-1.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format

Oops!

Hopefully here's the second one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails leitz-2b.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Everybody thanks for the help( especially Mike), I'm very happy with the second "crappy" photo it explaines how I have to fix and bend a metal plate. Now it's up ,to me to make it work. Albert

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Keep in mind that there is venting in the top so that the bulb doesn't overheat. It gets seriously hot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin