Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,715   Online: 876

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodachrome K-Lab Compact K14 film processors

http://www.footprintsequipment.com/Results.asp?Cat=630

i believe these portable machines were made for the olympics..

1688 RM (2) Kodak Kodachrome K-Lab Compact K14 film processors with blenders, computer, splicing station, mounter & inspection equipment $43,000

if only kodachrome had a future it might be worth getting refrema of denmark to revamp these babies.
    no harm in being a dreamer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Based on my dealings with companies like this, you could probably buy that machine for a couple of thousand bucks. I made an inquiry on a refrema listed on a similar site. It was listed at $10,000. When the guy got back to me, it was $1,000 for up to three of them...

The real question is this: Would Kodak require you to keep a full time chemist on staff (as was required in the past for labs doing Kodachrome) That is a pricey thing, unless a lab owner WAS a chemist!

Believe me, I look at that website every couple of months, check to see that the K-14 machine is still for sale, and spend a few hours day dreaming.

Adios,
    Matt
    --------------------
    "Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it." -Paul Strand

www.glasskeyphoto.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Well, you'd have to get a chemist or somebody to make chemistry. They don't make the bag in box chemistry required for those machines anymore. I think what that is selling is a large but historic chunk of metal.

The only way that machine would be of any value is if Kodak produced Kodachrome III, a 100 speed moderately saturated, ultra fine grained, ultra stable film designed for the K-14 (or updated K-16) process or a line of such products including the worlds fastest slide emulsion, Kodachrome 1000 as well as a tungsten balanced Kodachrome 320 and an awesome Polachrome style instant slide/movie film because that would be awesome. Will it happen? No, but it would be cool. We just need a photoshopper to fabricate the packages for said films using an ektar like modern kodak packaging as an april fool's joke. Now I'm daydreaming

I should install one of those at our school and run the kodachrome empire out of there.
    Last edited by tiberiustibz; 03-24-2009 at 10:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Tiberius, you need help.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it would be awesome to somehow buy one and make it so there is not only one processor left....If Kodachrome started to really take off and more people shot it, I wonder if Dwayne's would be overloaded.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    All yours.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks. Too bad I wasn't old and ready to retire. Maybe if I had all kinds of time like that I would do it.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    35mm

Pictures Lifted From Rocky Mountain Film Lab

Those pictures are lifted from Rocky Mountain Film Lab pictures here:
    http://www.rockymountainfilm.com/equipment/klab.htm
    Darkroom Equipment : 2X Beseler 23C Color Enlargers, Jobo ATL-1, Jobo CPE-2 Plus and Kreonite ProMate 16" Roller Transport Processor

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    I could shoot digital and email the image to a lab and get a digital C-print. But I want to shoot and print in my darkroom. I was born in the wrong century.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Someone wanna ask how much it costs?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin