Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,227   Online: 783

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Is it necessary?
    Dam, my Opemus III doesn't allows for it; luckily both the neg and the paper are not aware of it! (-:

Seriously, for the maximum light this is true, but I've always used 6x6 enlargers (a stolen Durst 600 and now the Opemus) for 35mm with the 6x6 condensers and today I print 8x10 in about 10s at f8 with a 75W bulb.

Jorge O

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sez
    Needs a different condensor as well? Crap
    Doesn't need it. But should have it, for optimal results.

I use my Opemus 6 with colour head for everything small enough to fit in the carrier - 24x36 to 6x6 - with the same mixing chamber. No problems at all. I have more difficulties with 6x7 in my 13x18cm enlarger...

I have a 50, a 60 and an 80mm lens for the opemus. The 50 has been used once (needed a really big enlargement from a small part of a negative, the 60 never, and the 80 the rest of the time.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just one more thing to remember. When you use a 50mm lens you must invert the lens mounting ring (it is slightly conical in shape) or you won't be able to focus properly. I used one of these enlargers with a Meograde VC head and was very impressed by its performance. These enlargers may not be the prettiest on the planet but they are tough and long lasting. The metal negative carrier is very well made.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin