Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,554   Online: 1125

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Beseler 45 chassis questions

Hi,
    Anyone out there know Beseler 45 enlargers?
    I have a beseler 45 chassis that is different from the other one that I have which is an MX.

The bottom bellows are as large as the top bellows, 8 inches square. The MX that I have has a tapered bellows on the bottom stage. Also the numbers on the elevation scale go to 27 inches. The MX I have goes to 22 inches.
    Is there a reason for this?

I notice that on my MX the square lensboard plate hole, where the lensboard attaches to is 2.5 inches square. On the other enlarger with the large bottom stage bellows, it is 3 inches square. Just wondering if anyone knows the difference between the two. I just bought it for the 45S head that was on it.

Also does anyone know of a link to a manual for the 45S color head?
    I have a pdf of the Beseler 45MXT manual if anyone needs it let me know.
    Thank you

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have a 45 MCRX probably from the 60s, it is a grey one. The bottom bellows tapers a bit and the scale on the side goes only to 22 inches.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sounds like the 45 MCR, I just purchased one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is there a listing anywhere that has the various models/age of the various 45's? My first one (all purchased second hand) has the struts out front so I think it is the first one made. I acquired a later one, black with struts in the rear, then another one that is blue. All have the tapered bellows.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdmguy View Post
    I tried this once before and found that 75% (3 of 4) of the Beseler 45 manuals won't load and the message is file corrupted. I sent the web contact and email. Hopefully it will get corrected, I would like to see the files.

Thanks
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

RJS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The tapered lower bellows is an earlier model. One can purchase (I did) the newer, square bellows for my Beseler, which then enabled me to align the lens board with the negative stage and the baseboard. Alignment was not possible with the tapered one. From side to side was iffy, and fore and aft moved the negative stage also. It was expensive, but worth it to me. Purchased, I think, from B&H.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    (This thread died and was buried, but lives to rise again!)

Perhaps a stupid question, but what is the purpose of the bellows above the negative stage. It seems that you'd always want that as close to the negative as possible, but perhaps not??

And indeed, playing around with it last night with a 6x6cm carrier and 75mm lens, I got noticable light fall-off when the top bellows was well extended (logically enough), but I had the same issue when the top bellows was all the way contracted. This seems totally counter intuitive. There seemed to be a sweet spot where there was no light fall off and it was between fully up and fully down.

If anybody can clear up what's going on I'd really appreciate it.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    with a condensor head the upper bellows is changed to place the light at different heights to the negative carrier.

with a cold light head, the bellows always sets close to the negative stage.

On many there is a guide along the side to indicate the height of the bellows for various negative sizes
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, well I have a condenser head with a typical tungsten enlarger bulb.

Is the purpose to minimize heat when close contact is not needed? Could a general rule be to have it as high as possible without light fall off?

Why would I be seeing light fall off when the condenser is close to negative? Perhaps I misinterpreted what I saw...
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin