Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,763   Posts: 1,484,030   Online: 1270

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

LPL7452 globe source in Melbourne?

Is there anything special about the 24V 250W halogen globe in my LPL7452? It just looks like a standard halogen downlight but higher wattage. Where would I obtain a couple of spares in Melbourne?
    Thanks
    Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first stop would be Vanbar.

The enlarger globes are different, I don't remember how, but they are.

I use the ELC 24V 250W, which I purchased from Vanbar in March 2007. I bought a bag full, so far I've gone through three, I have a hand full left, they are not for sale, they were cheap at the time.

Mick.
    Last edited by Mick Fagan; 05-02-2009 at 06:45 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Missing word

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Mick. I couldn't find them on Vanbars catalogue, but will ask.
    Greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Greg, I would suggest the Carlton store is possibly a better choice, although a telephone call is quicker but sometimes they don't know that they actually have.

Very, very slow moving items on their stock list, sometimes don't show on the first search, a bit of digging and the staff can normally find the item.

It appears that as the list gets upgraded from time to time, one or two things get dropped off and forgotten about, or revised, but I wouldn't hold my breath aver this.

Mick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Greg, if you are still looking I got my last ELC 24V 250W enlarger globes from Lamp Replacements in Bayswater (97627300). Not sure if they still stock them but last time I was there (May 07) They stocked both the GE (ANSIELC GE) & OSRAM (ANSIELC**).

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Matt. I did get some from Vanbars, but it is good to have another source.
    Greg

Shooter
    35mm
    And if any of them don't have it I would strongly suggest trying GMT Lighting (http://www.gmtlighting.com.au) in Hawthorn, they've got everything, all the obscure stuff.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan View Post
    The enlarger globes are different, I don't remember how, but they are.
    The standard halogen bulb has a filament that is orientated radial to the long axis.
    For many projection applications however bulbs are used where the filament is orientated axial.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One thing to watch out for on the ELC bulbs is the nominal life. There are 50 hour and 500 hr bulbs. If you buy a long life bulb ELC/5, the light output is closer to the 80 watt ELB 15 hr bulb. This pdf from Ushio lists a number of bulbs and their light output and operating life.

http://www.ushio.com/files/catalog/pav-halogen-mr16.pdf

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Those enlarger types beiing `overrated´ is a characteristic one does not see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin