Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,421   Online: 1098

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dust

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cat spinning is a great sport. Our cat, Little Guy, seems to like it. I'd spin him on the kitchen floor real good and he'd run up to you and fall down in front of you for more.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a different theory... the only time I worry about dust is just prior to putting a neg in the carrier! Regardless of how careful and clean you are you still need to clean the neg before making a print.

I do vacuum the floor occasionly (with vacuum system that's located in the garage and runs thru the house walls.. can't think of what their called at the moment... so it doesn't expell dust filled air back into the same room!) and wipe the benches every now and then. When I get the urge for a bigger clean up and move the enlarger, paper safe and bits 'n 'pieces lying around, they usually have heaps of dust under them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am looking at installing a simple positive pressure system in my darkroom (shortly to be built). You use a fan to force filtered air in (you can use foam filters from a car accesories store I am told) which forces regular air changes. Not only does it keep dust down, it controls humidity and gets rid of those chemical orders when tyou aren't about...
    David Boyce

When bankers get together for dinner, they discuss art. When artists get together for dinner, they discuss money. Oscar Wilde Blog fp4.blogspot.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm so frustrated with dust that I'm having custom glassless carriers made for my durst l184 enlarger. The 4x5 and 5x7 carriers are designed to work with and without glass. The 8x10 will only use one piece of glass. It never fails that I get a piece of glass or two between the negative and the glass. Arrrrgghh.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ilford anti-static cloth works wonders on the contact frame glass. I live in the Southern US. Lack of humidity is not a problem
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin