Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,731   Online: 827

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Need help with Durst Multigraph head

Hi everyone, hopefully someone can help me figure out this problem. I am getting an error code on my (actually my friends) Multigraph enlarger head. The code is LO OP ER5. When you press the w-light or expose button you hear some noise that sounds light the shutter trying to open, then after several seconds the noise stops and you get the error message. The enlarger light does come on during the cycle. The owners manual does not mention this particular error code, and I am at a bit of a loss on how to precede with trouble shooting this problem.

Roger

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know the answer to this one. Change the bulb. It's too old. The light it is emiting requres more filtration than the Multigraph filters can provide ( which is why you can hear them banging as they attempt in vain to turn still further ). In other words, the colour emitted by the light bulb is out of gamut, so even with max filtration the enlarger can't create the correct colour balance for each grade, hence the error message.

Does anyone know what Mulitgraph filter settings I should use for Ilford Multigrade IV fibre base ? I havingparticular difficulty tracking down the density settings. Best wishes. Alan.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I wish it was that simple, I have already replaced the bulb and am still getting the error message.

Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello. I've encountered the exact same problem as you describe above and I'm curious to know if you found any solution since these posts were written.

I just bought a second hand Durst Multigraph enlarger (without any user manual) and I have problems getting it to work. Yesterday I opened the head and found that the guide-wheel for the cam that controls the upper filter position was stuck. I cleaned and lubricated it and now it runs fine. I also changed the lightbulb, but it still isn't working properly.

Also, if anybody has any links to any information/manuals on the Multigraph enlarger system I would be really grateful if you shared it.

Christian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    No never got it fixed, put his color head back on the enlarger and have never looked back. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Roger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Multigraph enlarger is something like a darkroom myth, I really would like to try one of this heads but I'm really worried about the electronic failure.
    Probably this equipments have too much electronic inside to work after so many years!

I'll follow this thread and I hope you'll fix the problem!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suggest you try calling Durst in Italy (or e-mail them through their website). They have been helpful to me in the past.
    In the USA, you may try DURST-PRO USA (ask for Jens Jensen) - very knowledgeable on all Durst enlargers.
    http://www.durst-pro-usa.com/

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by sortof View Post
    Hello. I've encountered the exact same problem as you describe above and I'm curious to know if you found any solution since these posts were written.

I just bought a second hand Durst Multigraph enlarger (without any user manual) and I have problems getting it to work. Yesterday I opened the head and found that the guide-wheel for the cam that controls the upper filter position was stuck. I cleaned and lubricated it and now it runs fine. I also changed the lightbulb, but it still isn't working properly.

Also, if anybody has any links to any information/manuals on the Multigraph enlarger system I would be really grateful if you shared it.

Christian
    Could you expand on what you mean exactly by "still isn't working properly"?
    This covers a gamut of problems but it may be helpful to pin it down.
    Are you getting any error messages for example?
    Does it have to do with the timer?
    It's a very sophisticated machine and is quite different to most other enlargers.
    As far as instructions go the easiest and closest are for the ILFORD MG600 operating manual on this page. It's almost identical.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello everyone.

The Durst Multigraph system is actually the Ilford Multigrade 600s equipment re-badged as Durst. It was the last and, arguably, the finest Multigrade system ever made - a big improvement on the old Multigrade 500 system. Official Durst manuals for the Multigraph system are like hens teeth - and not terribly informative when you do find them. However, here is the link to the manual for the original Ilford system. As you can see the two are identical. And the manual tells you exactly how to use it and how to interpret common error messages. Best wishes, Roger
    http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...9161818802.pdf

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin