Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,333   Posts: 1,537,480   Online: 1112

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format

Focusing by means of split-image wedge

To my knowledge the Fujimoto G-70 (6x7cm) enlarger is the only one that employs a split-image wedge by wich means a line is projected onto the baseboard next to the image area to assist focusing.

Has anyone experience with this kind of focusing for enlarging?

Shooter
    35mm
    How does this work? Where is the split-wedge placed? Sorry I can't help, but that sounds like a great idea.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Cool. Where is the little prism.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't speak for the Fujimoto but the Opemus range of enlargers also had split image focussing. It was built into the negative carrier. I found that it worked very well. However, I always double checked focus with a grain magnifier.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Twiss View Post
    I can't speak for the Fujimoto but the Opemus range of enlargers also had split image focussing. It was built into the negative carrier. I found that it worked very well. However, I always double checked focus with a grain magnifier.
    Hello Adrian

I assume you were not using a glassless carrier. I tried the split image focusing, but didn't work. The manual says it can only be done with glass carriers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think my Durst M301 has something like this, it projects green and red with a weird filter. Dont know how it works to be honest. I just use my eyes, and everything looks nice and sharp on the prints. But I think I'll invest in a grain magnifier when payday comes round...
    Currently shooting: KMZ Horizont and Minox B

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is something similar: A red and cyan mark are projected onto the easel. If the negative plane is out of focus, the two marks will overlap, forming a white center and coloured edges. If in focus, they form a true white mark.
    (At least that is what I understand from the Durst manual.)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin