Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,530   Posts: 1,572,461   Online: 1044

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2678910111213141516171822 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Update:

I sold the Durst 670.
    Now keeping only a Meopta 5 and Omega DII. I'm starting to hate 35mm because of too meany possibe processing errors (read: dust & in-camera scratches).

I feel more at home with my toy cameras, 4x5" an 13x18cm. ULF contact printing might become my future...

G

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan Young
    David, what kinds of enlargers are you asked to rehome and how much would one of them cost? Feel free to PM me.

Lachlan
    The ones I scrap are genuinely worthless - typical examples would be the entry-level models of Gnome, often in mediocre condition. These are enlargers which you literally cannot give away. If you want a simple inexpensive enlarger, I'd be happy to let you know the next time I get one, but I would imagine if you put a card in your local newsagent's window, you'd get plenty of local offers. You could also ring the chairman of the local camera club (if you're not a member) - he/she will probably be in the same position as me, being asked to find homes for old enlargers and having trouble doing this.

Regards,

David

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I gave the durst 670 to my sons girlfriend so she wouldn't have to go to the rental darkroom. That left me with the bessler 45vxl. Till today, when an 8x10 Salsman followed me home, I ask " Honey can I keep it? " She says it's big enough I have to count it as two. Then she says how about this enlarger......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just two. I bought my Beseler 45MCRX new in '72, which is not in its 4th state (Tennessee) and is still in alignment. I also have a Leitz Valloy from the early '50's, but unfortunately I don't do much 35mm anymore. Dean
    dphphoto

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, I confess. It seems safe enough here. I have a Chromega D-4 for colour up to 4x5, a Johnson condenser for 4x5, an Ensign condenser for 6x6 to 6x9 and an Ensign condenser for 35 mm. Just out of curiosity, because I've never seen another Johnson 4x5, I was going to google 'johnson enlarger' but then thought better of it. At least I would have found more sites than if I had googled 'johnson condenser'.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two - an Omega D11 and an ancient Federal (looks like a space raygun). Just got the 6x9 carrier, ready to go!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen B
    OK, I confess. I was going to google 'johnson enlarger' but then thought better of it.
    Wise choice, I did it just for fun and it showed 99,000 hits.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Nothing like bringing back a 6 year old thread, it sure was a good one, let's keep this one alive and if any of the orig posters have a change in status, let us know....

So I will start, I have 2, Beseler 23CII XL and a Durst F60
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Update.
    Now I have 3 in my darkroom and a fourth on the way. Actually I have only room for 2 so the others will eventually have to go. At the time I have a 4x5 (Cr)Omega D3 (need a cone for the 135mm, wink wink), A Durst AC707 stands on the other enlargertable while a Meopta Axomat moves around as space is needed. Coming to me is a Durst Laborator 900 so its about time for some decisions to be made. Hmm what would you do?
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

S°ren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Um, lemme see... three Omega C-700's, a Beseler 23 CII (had three of them, gave two away), a Vivitar E-34, and an Omega D-6 Pro-Lab.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin