Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,380   Online: 836

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    2's company, 3's a crowd for me.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Three, but only one in service. My Omega D4 with 50, 80, and 135mm lenses which does everything from 35mm to 4x5 for me. The other two are a Durst J35 which I purchased while I was still in High School back in the 1960's and a Spiratone Doublogram of similar vintage.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got two...a beseler 23CIII and a brand new LPL4550XLG VCCE. What's neat is that B&H (as well as Adorama) has been selling the LPL for $1999.95(American) BUT....!!! B&H has just cut the price to $1649.95 and is throwing in an Omega 14x17 four-blade easel for free. I was going to buy the slightly lower level 4500II when the catalog arrived in the mail. WHEW!! I'd have been more than a little ticked off if I'd just purchased the other machine. But I've just gotten the 4550 and couldn't be happier. (As is often said on this board btw, I have no stock or other financial interest in B&H whatsoever.) If anyone's been interested in one of these, now's the time to consider a really good deal. I'm not sure if the new price reflects a current temporary sale or if it is to be the new permanent price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have 2 enlargers. First is a 35mm/medium format condensor type for black and white. It was dirt cheap and in excellent condition, and I have enough lenses for it to cover 35mm to 6X9. The second is a 35mm color enlarger. I can't remember what the makes and models are right now and they are definitely not famous or top-of-the-line, but they work and I can move them around the house without killing myself.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Sean - an ULF Pulsed Xenon??? As an enlarger or a light source?? If actually an enlarger, I HAVE to learn more about it.

Would you believe it that I live in a town of 14,000 people and the Fotar distributor used to be based here, until they went out of business a few years ago?

I have a Chromega B that I occasionally use for contact prints or let friends use, a Beseler 23C-II w/ DGA head that does 90% of my work, and the working parts of an Elwood 8x10 slapped on a metal cart, to work as a horizontal enlarger for my 8x10.
    -Jason Antman

"There is nothing worse than a sharp photograph of a fuzzy concept." - A. A.

Ka

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have 3 really bad enlargers: An Omega C700 with a 50mm Nikor lens, it's new and a mate gave it to me, so I am grateful, mind you, it works fine; then there's the silver bullet-looking thing. I dunna even know what it is, but it has the 80mm lens, and yes, someone gave me that one as well. And then there's my old Gnome from the 50's, looks like a big balding head; it'll print up to 4x5. My teacher smiles proudly upon it because it's English, as is he. I'm looking at a Bessy something, but have not yet purchased it.

ka

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just one. A very heavy Durst Laborator 900 with a CLS 500 head. I havent' even used it yet, still have to light tight the laundry.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Whats an enlarger?
    Last edited by mwtroxell; 06-19-2004 at 02:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: misspelled

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Just the 2, Opemus 4, condensor 35mm to 6x6 and an LPL 6700, diffuser, 35mm to 6X7.

Cheers

Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Omega D2, Leitz Valoy II. Though I love both of 'em to death, both sit idle in my parents' basement at the moment and probably will continue to do so for another 5 years the way things are going.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin