Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,812   Posts: 1,581,557   Online: 974

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an L1200 and a small Bessler 23 (?) B/W with a condenser head that I'll gladly trade for another L1200.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    I find it hard to understand having more than 2 enlargers.
    Well, they just accumulate. :rolleyes:

The first two I ever owned (real amateur type stuff) are long gone. I actually don’t remember what happened to them.

Next came a “Lucky”, made by Fujimoto. Still have it, but in all the moves it made, the column went missing. I’ve used it with a replacement (piece of pipe), but it’s never been the same.

I also got a urge in the 70s to print color, so I bought a Chromega B. Still have it.

About ten years ago, I was in a camera shop and they had a used Omega B22 for $25. Hey, I might have a neg or two that needed condensers, and all the carriers from the Chromega fit, so …

But, it was – ironically – missing a condenser. In yet another local store (this was back when camera stores actually carried stuff – remember?) I found another B22 missing it’s baseboard and filter drawer. I asked to buy a condenser out of it, and the owner said “no”, but I could have the whole thing if I would just take it away.

So, my darkroom had the B22 and the Chromega. The “spare” B22 always sitting there waiting for me to use it as a copy stand, since I had bought the adapter and could easily make a baseboard, but just never have.:rolleyes:

Then came APUG. Another member says: “Hey David, do you need a 4x5 enlarger? I have one I’ll sell you for (cheap)” How can I pass up that price?:o

So, I have three and most of two others.

Cheers, y'all.

David
    confirmed pack rat and gear junkie.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two, and it would be three if I had the room for a really big one, horizontal.
    B600 and a 45MCX Working to fit an 8x10.

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Two, a Beseler 23C and a Beseler 45MX that I just picked up for $125 with a Saunders 11x14 four blade easel. A good deal I think. Had to clean it up a bit and have not used it yet but it looks good. No space in the darkroom for two at this time but I am in negoations with the wife for more space.
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    127 Format
    Well we got the Durst m605 diffuser... Was quite happy with that, then I thought maybe a condenser would be nice - why not they're cheap, so I got an m605 condensor. The thinking being they're different enough to be usefull, but similar enough to swap parts for spares and such...

Then someone offered me a 5x4 LPL enlarger at a reasonable price, and I though why not? Unfortunatly having payed a reasonable price, two months later someone else asked me to take away a devere 504... I couldn't very well say no so, there's another 5x4 enlarger sitting in the hallway! I REALLY don't need 2 LF enlargers, but what could I do???

Ian
    (thats 4 by the way).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I've got an Omega 4500II color enlarger, minus the base board. It has been in a box for 8+ years or so, so I don't know if it even works or not.
    I'm surprised no one caught this one. It should be a Saunders LPL 4500II, not an Omega - I had an Omega C700 at one time, but sold it when I bought the Saunders.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well the question is "How Many"?

My Answer is:

ENOUGH, at least that is what the wife keeps telling me

LOL

Dave

Set up in my darkroom a Zone VI Type 2 with a 5x7 VC head and an 8x10 cold light head. Not set up but not sold yet (pending my being sure I want to continue with formats larger than 4x5) a Saunders 4500, --I love this thing. Also, purchased in a fit of '60s nostalgia, a Focomat 1c, not set up (I will get around to selling this sooner or later). njb

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Two for me, too. Zone VI Type II VC 5x7 and a Besseler Dichro 67SC. Both of them packed away until such time as the new improved darkroom comes online - hopefully within the next month or two. Just gotta get the cabinets and counters in...

Bruce

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have two, a Durst 1200 with a dichro head and Leitz V35 also with a color head. I also have a bare lightbulb hanging from the ceiling for contact prints, but I guess that doesn't count.

Richard Wasserman

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin