Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,765   Posts: 1,516,397   Online: 1028

Thread: Viewing lights

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am in the process of designing and building a new darkroom. Because of space considerations and need to have quite a lot of wall cupboards I intend to use an Anglepoise lamp as a viewing light. At maximum extension this light would sit about 22 inches above the print. Does any member have any opinions about the wattage of bulb I should use. I was thinking about 40watts

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know what a "Anglepoise lamp" is.. but at 22", 40W would be bordering on to much I'd think if it's a bare bulb. I've got a bare 60W on the roof and ideally it could be a fraction brighter, but a 100Wer is too much. (Haven't got a 75W to try.. must buy one one day)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I bought a cheap lamphead swivel/tilt which mounts on to a wall shelf, and I attach a 25 Watt bulb to it (tungsten). The low wattage helps to combat dry-down time and will give a good impresion of how things may look when dried.

Andy

HI
    I use a 60watt blue daylight bulb about 5ft above the worktop and it works fine , being daylight it is very usefull in judging colour prints
    you can get the bulbs from Novadarkroom and firstcall

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin