Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,496   Online: 968

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Sean,

Many folks have a difficult time believing that this method works.

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/unicolor/

But it does ...quite well actually. Scroll to near the bottom to see how I am able to control the temperature. A desklamp with a 100 watt bulb placed over the drum (about 2-3 inches away from the rotating drum) as it rotates keeps everything "toasty warm" as they say. If you look at the picture with the colored measuring cups, you can see the base of the lamp attached to the green shelf unit.

The lamp is an inexpensive version of this model. (search the net)

The link did not work properly. Just look up "gooseneck lamp" and you will see what I mean.

Kind Regards
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by harveyje
    You can also put the tray in a larger tray filled with water slightly warmer than the desired temp.
    I used this method at one time and it works. I used one of the laundry type sinks with an acquariam heater to hold the water bath at the proper temp.

I now have a stainless steel sink that I salvaged somewhere years ago into which I have cartridge type heaters installed in a sump controlled by a solid state controller that does the same thing that harveyje's method does.

I bet his method cost less and works just as well. Did someone say something about reinventing the wheel?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin