Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,916   Posts: 1,521,907   Online: 1073

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    As for 15W lamps for darkroom lights: why not use lamps for fridges ?
    I have never seen anything other than the traditional incandescents in them.
    If your darkroom lamp has a big socket replace it with a small one, it is not that dificult.

My biggest worry right now would be the lamps for the enlarger heads if they do use the "wrong" type of lamp.
    Finding a good replacement for them, esp the condensor type could get hard, in a difusor box you would have more options.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are LED's mounted in standard sockets which are bright enough to use in the enlarger but they are quite expensive. In my case a diffuser panel would be needed so the condensers wouldn't project an image of the LED's. For now I have stocked up on PH212 bulbs for the old 45M. Maybe in the future someone will invent a fiber optic solution that will store sunlight for use in the enlarger even at night. All of you inventors get busy!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Although there are LED theatre type lights (and I have posted about them for enlarger use). Proper theatre lighting is going to be incandescent for a very long time so these types of bulbs will be available.

There are plenty of options here which could be adapted to enlargers: http://www.bltdirect.com/products.ph...=Theatre+Lamps

(or more correctly, have the enlarger adapted to them).

Steve.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here is something official (by the European Commitee) on those bulbs to be banned:

http://ec.europa.eu/energy/efficienc...hold_lamps.pdf

Quote:
    Special purpose incandescent lamps (e.g. those used in household appliances such as ovens or
    fridges, traffic lights, infrared lamps etc.) are meant to be exempt from the measure, as they
    cannot fulfil the efficiency requirements and most of the time there is no alternative lamp
    technology.

This of course is only applicable for part of us Apuggers, but as a major market it shows a bit of the direction production will take. Furthermore you would still be able to import banned bulbs I guess.
    Last edited by AgX; 07-10-2009 at 06:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format

CLF

I made the mistake of replacing a 15 watt safelight bulb with a 15 watt CLF, ONCE! The output is nearly equal to a 40 or 60 watt lamp. fog city big time! Never again.

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rmolson View Post
    I made the mistake of replacing a 15 watt safelight bulb with a 15 watt CLF, ONCE! The output is nearly equal to a 40 or 60 watt lamp. fog city big time! Never again.
    I'm having good luck so far with a red LED "bulb" with the standard medium screw in base. It actually has maybe 24 individual LEDs and the circuitry to run them off 120 V. Not knowing the exact spectrum, I still have it behind the red safelight filter to be safe. It runs very cool. I got it from www.superbrightleds.com. I would suspect other makers are getting in on this market too.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin