Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,369   Online: 865

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Mounting Thread Size 150mm Componon-S

I recently picked up a 150mm Schneider Componon-S in a lot at a garage sale. I intend on mounting the lens onto a Omega DII but i do not have the correct lens plate for this lens.

On the Schneide web site it states that the lens has a 50mm thread but the one i have the threads are on the rear element of the lens, the one shown on the web site the threads are on the main body of the lens so i think that the older Componon-S has a different thread size.

I have a blank lens plate that i can drill out, but I don't know correct size hole to make or the correct size jam nut to purchase. The nuts i have found listed are a 50mm size. Any one know what the specs are for an older 150mm Componon-S?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My Componon-S is 50mm, and every Componon-S and Rodagon I have seen is either 49 or 50mm. My 135mm and 150mm Componons no "S" is I think 32mm I can look and see. (if I can find it). The only other size for that focal length is 42mm. (We guys who use threaded Durst boards have to know this arcane stuff.)

Can you shoot a photo of this strange beast?

Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The KHB site has an extensive list of enlarging lenses which indicates which thread they use. This is to help people determine which lens mount to use on their Omega enlargers.

They list two different 150mm Componon-S lenses - one with a 42mm thread, and the other with a 50mm thread.

I know this because I've been looking for a reasonably priced (cheap ) 421-935 (previously 421-135) lens mounting plate for a while to use an old 135mm Ektanon lens I already have.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

GJA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Why dont you use a ruler?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mine has the 42mm mount and after searching for a while I eventually just paid up and got the 421-905 from KHB.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin