Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,277   Posts: 1,534,811   Online: 843

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

35mm reloadable cassettes

hey all,

i gots me a predicament here. i got a 100' roll of tri-x a year or so back, and its been staring at me every time i open the fridge to get something . i have been trying to find a source for some cheap 35mm reloadable cassettes, but after searching the 'Bay to no avail(except the people selling the Leica ones for 35 bucks a piece). Freestyle wants 15.75 for 25 of em', but I'm on a SERIOUS BUDGET here. Having just started back at school, I'm pretty much flat broke.

If any of you have any ideas as to a source, or if any of you have and amount you could give away. i'd need total of about 50 or so(to spool up the roll of tri-x for class and summer shooting. around( i have 2 rolls of ektachrome 64 i need to shoot eventually as well ).

they don't need to be dx-coded, and i can borrow a bulk loader from a friend. albeit, it would be nice to have one of my own that is

any help would be appreciated.

-dan
    a broke college student(at the time-being that is )

-dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Go to a lab and ask them if they have any empty cassettes from processed films. They'll probably give you what they have for free.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I went through a roll of Ilford XP2 using two metal reloadable cartridges, you just load them up, shoot, process, and re-load. I've got a dozen that I've scrounged from various sources now and that does me fine between 3 loaders - but it's well worth asking at a local minilab, they just throw them out.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak cassettes aren't reloadable, I pretty sure Fuji's are crimped too, so lab discards of those won't be useful. You can probably find some in yard sales though. And there are probably some kicking around older camera shops (the ones that still exist) that they'd love to get rid of.

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh, you're not supposed to open them. Some film will be probably there to allow you to tape yours on it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Dan,

You only need a few, I got along with a dozen for several years. A 100' roll will yield about 18 rolls of 36 exposures. Adorama sells a pack of 10 for $6.49. If you live in a big enough city there will be at least one big camera shop that should still sell them individually (if the inventory is very old they may actually be cheaper than online).

Neal Wydra

p.s. Check this out (if you can wait): http://cgi.ebay.com/Bakers-Dozen-Fil...3%3A1|294%3A50

GJA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hey. I have a lot and I would be willing to send you some for free since you shouldn't pay for something like this when money is tight. Ive tried using normal film cassettes that came with film inside, but, they never have worked as well.

Mine arn't DX coded,but they are easy to load and re-use and they are metal.

The OP should PM me.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have been completely satisfied with attaching the bulk film to free used cassettes picked up from Walmart's photo lab and re-winding it, though of course this increases the risks of scratches.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in Socal. Where are you? I have some Kodak brand you can have (brand new). I have a few of them.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've been reloading cassettes from my local photo lab for a few years now. Just tape the new film to the end of the old leader thats sticking out and roll it up. Bulk loaders are hard to get these days BTW. Reusable cassettes are ok but I don't recommend using them more then 3 or 4 times.
    Chris Saganich
    http://www.imagebrooklyn.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin