Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,855   Online: 944

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Durst M700 - Help Needed with spare parts

Hi guys, I just got here in APUG and I hope we can share lots of info from now on. Im very excited to have found a place where I can find answears about the tons of questions about analog photography.

Well, my first participation is about the Durst M700 enlarger. I just got one in very good condition last week, but not complete. Since I got it to enlarge my 6x7 negatives, Im very disapointed because it came without its original negative carrier and the masks. Also, it did come without with the 105 condenser.

Ive searched ebay from upside down looking for those components, but could not find it. I Wonder if someone here knows a place where I can find it or, even, if someone have those parts and wants to sell them.

Thanks a lot for your attention and, from now on, Ill be around.

Yan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Keep looking on e-bay, they will likely show up. Sometimes these things take a few months of searching.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I hope so.
    Yan Boechat
    So Paulo - Brazil

Leica
    Canon
    Pentax

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might be able to convert the enlarger to become a diffuser type.

Back in the UK I have a magazine article on making replacement condensers for Durst 600 series enlargers. It's equally relevant to you. Tells you how to get a round condenser edges taken off and making the holder. Unfortunately at the moment I have no plans to return, but may do towards the end of the summer, I could scan and email. Condensers are used in many applications so finding one of the right size and focal length isn't difficult.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Ian. The condenser isnt the main issue. Just found out that the Unicon 80 that I have works fine for 6x7. The problem is the negative carrier. Ill keep looking for one on ebay.
    Yan Boechat
    So Paulo - Brazil

Leica
    Canon
    Pentax

Shooter
    35mm
    High Yan !!

Maybe include the older autofocus enlarger DA900 and DA600 in your search.

Its negative carrier AUTONEG does fit in the M700/M800 too. This is a very fine crafted piece of opt mechanics It do have AN glass at the upper side, normal glass at the downside, very precise masking bands and do allow formats from 135mm film (or smaller) up to 6,5 x 9 cm.

This one is much more sophisticated than the original carrier SETONEG for the M700/M800 enlargers, go and look for it!

There are two more variants, DANEG for 135mm only film with fixed mask, and a carrier called DUONEG with interchangeable masks up to 6x6 cm.

If you want to enlarge larger formats the AUTONEG is the right carrier for you, Ive used this one exclusively in the M700/M800, it does fit for sure !!

Regards from Germany,
    Stefan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was a SETONEG on ebay in June. It went for 13 euros:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Durst-Setoneg-...3A1%7C294%3A50

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Yan,

I know that you've already found your condenser, but if you ever want to automate your tank-of-an-enlarger, Heiland Electronic makes a version of their Splitgrade automatic light source & exposure system which custom-fits the Durst M700. (http://www.heilandelectronic.de/html...grade_main.htm).

Statement of transparency: I do know Juergen Heiland and consider him a friend. He has bribed me with several beers in the past. But to hell with the naysayers: the Splitgrade is damned good equipment and Yan ought to know about it! To me, it's tantamount to letting him know that Porsche engines fit into a VW Bug! ;o)

Best,

Christopher

:

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thank you guys. Still trying to get my negative carrier.

Chris, thanks for the indication, the equipament seems to be very nice. But Im sure that would be to expensive to send my enlarger head all the way from Brazil to Germany. Thanks a lot, anyway, maybe someday Ill have something like that
    Yan Boechat
    So Paulo - Brazil

Leica
    Canon
    Pentax

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I found very hard to find a negative carrier for this enlarger. Ive been looking dailly on ebay around the world and just cant find anything close to it. So I decided to build my own negative carrier. Does anyone here has a negative carrier that fits on M700. Could you please send me the dimensions? Id really appreciate if someone would help me with this
    Yan Boechat
    So Paulo - Brazil

Leica
    Canon
    Pentax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin