Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,465   Online: 1043

Shooter
    35mm

SIVOMA 35 (or SIXNEMA?)

I've been searching for months trying to find the upper section of 135 glassless negative carrier for my Durst M600 - no luck! I have the lower section (SIXMA 35), so halfway there (or halfway to nowhere ).
    At this point I think my best bet is to reproduce one myself, but can't find any description or picture of it to go off of.
    Is there anybody out there that can give an accurate description, or better yet post a picture of this White Whale?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try this company: www.northernphoto.co.uk
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz View Post
    Try this company: www.northernphoto.co.uk
    Tried them, unfortunately a no go. Thank you for the link though.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here is the Durst Sivoma 35. As far as I remember, there are no "upper" and "lower" metal inserts, that applies just to the glass inserts (because of the AN treatment).

These masks (or "inserts" as Durst called them) are always described as "lower" because the original intention was to replace just that part of the carrier, keeping the upper glass. But, if you want a completely glassless carrier, then you need just two identical inserts.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sivoma35.jpg  
    Marcelo

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MPandolfo View Post
    Here is the Durst Sivoma 35. As far as I remember, there are no "upper" and "lower" metal inserts, that applies just to the glass inserts (because of the AN treatment).

These masks (or "inserts" as Durst called them) are always described as "lower" because the original intention was to replace just that part of the carrier, keeping the upper glass. But, if you want a completely glassless carrier, then you need just two identical inserts.
    I have the lower, and it is definitely marked SIXMA 35- it also has a little clamp to hold a negative in place which your SIVOMA does not. Looks like you have given me exactly the info I need. I should be able to fabricate a replacement without much trouble. Any chance you could give me the measurements? (I believe the cut-out is slightly larger on the SIVOMA than the SIXMA)
    Thank you!

Shooter
    35mm
    Browsing in my drawers, I found a complete set of masks, the upper and the lower. We both were wrong. There is an "upper" mask, but it's the SIXMA 35, and also a "lower", the SIVOMA 35. They were also sold as a pair by Durst. Both inserts are of the same external dimensions, 64x75mm, but different perforation size (your guess was correct) , Sivoma is 36.8x24.8mm and Sixma is 22.5x34.3mm

My Sixma is brand new (was still sealed) and does not have any kind of clamp, is it possible that yours was modified?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Sivopar35.jpg  
    Marcelo

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Shooter
    35mm
    Information from the instruction manual says mine is the standard glassless mask for my enlarger - in fact that little flange of metal had me completely stumped until I was able to track down a copy of the manual. I am starting to wonder if there were "International" and "USA" versions of the M600?
    Either way you have been most helpfull, with your information I should have no difficulty fabricating what I need.
    Many thanks!

Shooter
    35mm

hi there

just found a mint condtion complete one in my loft!
    do get in touch if interested

newman

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi. I too have a Durst M600 enlarger and it has a Durst SIXNEG negative carrier. Unlike my M605 negative carrier that is hinged and has two glass inserts, my M600's SIXNEX negative carrier only has one glass insert and is not hinged. As far as I can tell, on the M600 the negative is held flat by the pressure of the flat side of the condenser lens/box above the negative.

I would imagine that for the M600 you can really only replace the one glass insert on the SIXMA negative carrier. I didn't see anything on my M600 which would suggest that you could place a negative mask in the condenser block/housing. Looking through my M600 manual and my actual M600, it looks like you can only use one glassless insert in your M600.

I used the M600 for years without a negative insert, and used can of air and anti-static brush to keep the negative carrier clean. A glassless insert on the negative carrier would have been nice. The M605 I now use has a glassless insert on the lower flap, but the upper has a glass insert, so I still have the same number of surfaces to clean. I too am also looking negative inserst for my M605, 35mm and 6x6. Anybody?

~Dom

P.S. I have attaxhed page 13 of the M600 manual which gives some info on using glassless inserts with the M600. It shows you only use one glassless insert.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Obtong; 05-08-2010 at 10:40 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    I am looking for the M601 sivocon 50 condenser, does anybody have?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin