Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,662   Online: 828

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Changeling1,

I am a big fan of buying locally, if at all possible. Unfortunately, there is no place that I know of that has this size washer, locally. This is New Mexico, after all. Since I only paid less than $300 including shipping I went for the deal. I should be able to recover enough to cover most of the cost of a new washer and if I can repair the unit well enough to hold water I'll probably donate it to a school. Keep in mind, even the dealers have the washer shipped probably by UPS also. I think the manufactures double box them though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hope it works out
    Last edited by david b; 07-15-2009 at 04:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    When I worked for a company that fabricated custom plastic items from acrylic we took great care to package items carefully, several layers of bubble wrap and corrugated card.

We still had many items damaged by courier companies.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Levine View Post
    Jason,

It was my understanding from Paypal that their reimbursement was because the item arrived "not as described." The UPS reimbursement is for the damage in shipping. Two separate cases. It still will not cover the cost of replacing the washer.
    You should be able to return the thing and be refunded all the money you have put forth. If you can't, that really rubs wrong.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Never mind. Let us know how things turn out

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    David b,

Yes and yes.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Jason,

So far UPS, they already did their "inspection", the sellers as well as Paypal have indicated that I will receive compensation, how much is still undecided.

Shooter
    35mm
    You should receive full compensation from Paypal, and the seller should receive full compensation from UPS.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    AutumnJazz,

That may be the way it will go down. But I'm still out a washer and it will cost me a lot more to buy another, used or new. Not to mention the time and trouble I have gone through. I'm hoping the sellers will come through and refund the UPS reimbursement. Am I asking too much? (Rhetorical question)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I received a resolution to the issue. I was contacted by the seller who said UPS denied the claim because they didn't use form fitting foam to support a fragile item. Understood. The seller is refunding my money. I tried to glue the pieces back with the acrylic cement (the same stuff the manufacturers use) and will see if it holds after waiting 24 hours. All the pieces fit pretty well together so aside from the appearance, hopefully the thing will not leak.

I can't complain too much. Even though it looks bad, if it doesn't leak I'm way ahead of the game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin