Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,663   Online: 933

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Levine View Post
    That may be the way it will go down. But I'm still out a washer and it will cost me a lot more to buy another, used or new. Not to mention the time and trouble I have gone through. I'm hoping the sellers will come through and refund the UPS reimbursement. Am I asking too much? (Rhetorical question)
    So you think the seller should get nothing and you get double? Paypal will take away from the seller what ever they give you.

Yes, your asking for too much. You will have your money, go find another epay deal.:rolleyes:
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You have your money and a washer that could probably be repaired. Probably want waterproof epoxy though, CA probably won't hold water so to speak.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    fotch,

So you think the seller should get nothing and you get double? Paypal will take away from the seller what ever they give you.
    Yes, I do think the seller should get nothing. I paid a substantial amount to have the washer shipped securely and since UPS indicated that it should have been packed better I don't feel guilty at all saying I should get the refund. But as I indicated in a previous post, the sellers are stand up people and said they will refund the payment. They even apologized for not packing it better.

As far as finding another Ebay deal, I have searched for weeks trying to find this washer but this was the first one that came up. I am still searching for a replacement. I do however want to stick with Gravity Works. I have been on the phone with them for the last few days trying to find out if the washer was worth repairing and if so how I could do it and they have been very helpful.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Water proof epoxy isn't the way to go. I have acrylic cement (a Trichlorethylene and Methylene Chloride compound) that may do the trick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Levine View Post
    I received a resolution to the issue. I was contacted by the seller who said UPS denied the claim because they didn't use form fitting foam to support a fragile item. Understood.
    Just an FYI when I bought my 20x24 ZoneVI enlarger new from ZoneVI it came double boxed and the inside box had the fitted foam supports. Luckily it arrived safe and sound.
    Ron
    Memphis

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Ron,

To my understanding, Gravity Works ships the same way.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin