Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,694   Online: 776

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

Disapointing Delivery

After winning a Gravity Works 20x24 print washer on Ebay I finally received it via UPS. After opening what I thought was a well pack box I noticed the damage. The upper right corner of the washer was completely broken off. What a disappointment! I paid with Paypal and they and the seller said they would make it good as well as UPS but am I bummed out or what!

I haven't completely unpacked the washer, I have to wait for the UPS inspector to view the damage but I'm sure I'll not be able to get the full value of a replacement print washer from any of the parties. I'm including a photo of the most visible damage. I may post more once it is unpacked if I'm not too depressed.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If you can find all the pieces, this could be fairly easily repaired with cyanoacrylate glue and a little patience.

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I know it can be repaired and I have a special acrylic cement that works even better than cyanoacrylate. But it's just the thought of viewing the damage whenever I use it that is bothersome. I just need to get over it, I know. I think that is the problem when winning something at auction. It is more than just an item, it is a prize.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am in New Mexico with a brand new 20x24 Kostiner print washer for sale.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 20x24 print washer from Nova Darkroom arrived on a pallet with a huge amount of packaging.

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rick - I feel for you, thats a real bummer.

I sell alot of stuff on ebay and heavy packing is a high priority for me but I guess there'll always be instances like this. Looks like it's probably been dropped from height.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Or had something heavy lowered onto while it was stationery.

Hope you get on OK.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Levine View Post
    ... when winning something at auction. It is more than just an item, it is a prize.
    Funny this idea of 'winning' at an auction.

In reality it's a booby prize: the 'winner' was the one willing to pay more than anyone else thought it was worth.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The first washer I ever bought off ebay was a 20x24 orential for less than $100 shipped. When it arrived I heard the worthless delivery driver drop it hard outside my front door. He was in his truck on his way before I could reach the door. Sure enough it was shattered, no way I was going to get enough to replace it, worst ebay experience ever. I feel your pain.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hopefully this gets made right and you will recoup your expenditure without difficulty. Bummer man.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin