Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,638   Online: 904

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a Kaiser Duka 50 which I no longer use and would like to sell...I ve only used it in a B&W darkroom but don't have a darkroom now. It has red and white filters and the light level can be adjusted. The light it gives out is pretty dim so it needs to be put where you most want the light.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Ann, Does it have a spare bulb as they are expensive I believe?

Cheers Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    Dave The bulbs are expensive. I never use my DUKA for B&W in order to extend its life. The sodium lamp will last a long time but if it goes then finding the right replacement lamp seems to be difficult and a new one if you can find one is more expensive that buying another secondhand DUKA

I suppose one person's dim is another's quite bright but I can see well enough to cut paper with mine. The light goes from 0(almost non existent light) to 25 which is very bright i.e. ability to read print. I have mine set at 5 but if its out of box, under easel and expose I suspect that a higher setting in the illumination would be possible as this is only a matter of seconds plus into the drum and lid on.

I have never tried the safelight test but you could and increse the illumination until you get to the point where it becomes unsafe for the time you have the paper out of the box but not being exposed by the enlarger.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Jobo LED with a rotating filter on it numbered 1,2,and 3.

If I recall correctly, one setting was B&W (OC), one was for color (Ektalure) and the third I don't remember, it looks similar to the one I think is OC.

Recently, a friend gave me his (newer version?) and its rotating filter is labled B&W, Kodak, and Agfa.

Does anyone know if the color filter is the same as the new materails from Kodak?

Interestingly, the two units color do not appear the same, except for the one I am sure is for B&W (OC).

Any info would be appreciated.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Dawson View Post
    ...Paper out of box, onto easel, exposure, into drum.

I suppose just orintation...(do you make a cup of tea with your eyes shut)
    This is no more difficult (or disorienting) than loading film holders or bulk loading 35mm. I've done all of these in total darkness, without encountering boiling water ...
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No boiling water, but one person here dropped his film cannister into the kitty litter in the dark after he had opened it. Now, as I remember it, that was fun in the dark. Sifting kitty litter for the metal can.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can play the guitar in the dark but I wouldn't fancy cutting up paper with a guilotine:rolleyes:

Cheers Dave

Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    This is no more difficult (or disorienting) than loading film holders or bulk loading 35mm. I've done all of these in total darkness, without encountering boiling water ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Dave! I don't have a spare bulb and yes, I believe they are expensive. (My Dad also has a Duka safelight from his colour-printing days. It's been in storage for quite a while and I imagine he might be happy to sell it too...)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    The spec for Crystal Archive paper shows a dip in sensitivity between approx 580nm and 610nm but I've no idea how that compares in terms of width and depth to Endura's notch.
    A carefully selected LED may find a use as a safelight here.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I didn't have any color developer mixed, so here is a B&W sample of Endura exposed in a spectrosensitiometer to give a wedge spectrogram. It was developed in Dektol 1:3. Note the notch at about 600 nm.

PE
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails endura 0.01 second wedge spectrogram.jpg  

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin