Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,581   Online: 989

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

EPOI ST-450 Stabilizer/Timer

Anyone using this with their Durst Laborator 1200 and CLS 450 head? If so does it seem to do the job? Any advice on using one? Would you buy again? Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It works and does do a little humming. EPOI is the company who originally marketed Nikon in the USA and was later bought by Nikon. Althogh I feel like it will do the job, I will probably try to find a digital timer for the job. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Bill;

EPOI (Ehrenreich Photo-Optical Industries) was an interesting company indeed.

Regarding the ST-450 Stabilizer/Timer, if the timing section is not to your liking, you might consider keeping it around for the voltage stabilizing section on its own. That is probably the main part that is duing the humming, although it may be off key. If this thing is as heavy as I think it is, there is probably a constant voltage transformer inside it. Somewhere on it there should be a label telling you what the current or Watt rating it is supposed to be good for. If this rated amount is more than what the head in the Durst 1200 draws, use it for keeping voltage fluctuations off the head and keeping the light output constant. You can put your new timer in series with the power line going to the head. It sounds like a nice piece of equipment.

Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin