Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,387   Online: 1109

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Durst Laborator 1200

Hello,

I was offered a Durst Laborator recently. Part of the chassis and B/W condenser head is light grey and not black. Am I right that the light grey ones are of an older model ?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is an interesting question for me. I currently own one of each. One is a light grey tending toward almost light blue and the other a very dark grey tending toward black. The lighter one has a serial number on the front of the head, the other one does not. Both have the CLS 450 color head and my assumption is the serial number is for the head. I can't find the serial number on the chassis, anyone have any idea where to look. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Medium Format
    indeed the light grey is tending to light blue. It seems to me this is an older model than the darker grey ones.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does not matter the color or the age, the Durst 1200 is a wonderful machine. Throw away your leveler; you will never need it with this wonderfully engineered tool.
    If I can help it, I will never buy another enlarger after owning the Durst 1200.
    Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    The light grey/light blue models were the last production change, and the newest models. The chassis serial number of my late model 1200 is on the lower right side of the black column, viewed facing the enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Blue (light grey) is new

Shooter
    35mm

Need instruction manual Durst Labrador 1200

Can anyone send me a copy of the instruction manual for the Durst Labrador 1200? I need one for the CLS 450 also. Thanks in advance!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    See possibly here:

http://www.darkroompro.com/pdf/enlargers/index.html

Or here if your French is good (a few manuels in English as well though):

http://manuelsphoto.free.fr/

Marco
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks a lot guys !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Today I got an official answer from Durst Phototechnic :

The Dark grey ones were the latest in production. Until 2006. Dark grey is new.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin