Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,393   Online: 1013

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Enlarging durst 1200 multigraph / b+w head problem

Hi,

I have a durst multigraph enlarger (blue tinted chassis 3000) and a durst L1200 (gray chassis) with a condensor head.

I tried to put a 80mm lens onto the gray L1200. But i found out that the bellow at it's highest point is still not enough to get it in focus.

When I compair the chassis with the newer multigraph chassis, the bellow can be much more compressed.

But the maximum bellow extension of the multigraph is less than the older model. When enlarging onto 24x30, the multigraph will need a tube.

Is there a way to adjust the bellow? The bar which moves the bellow up and down, could this one be adjusted in some way?

I hope someone got the same issue and knows a solution so I can use both systems for 4x5 and 6x6.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a gray Ce1000, it came with a recessed and a flat lens mount carrier plates. The recessed one fits up inside the bellows almost 15cm. Then you can use a standard Durst flat lens mount. A recessed lens mount, IXOTUB, may be recessed enough to work with a 80mm kens.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Jan View Post
    Hi,

I have a durst multigraph enlarger (blue tinted chassis 3000) and a durst L1200 (gray chassis) with a condensor head.

I tried to put a 80mm lens onto the gray L1200. But i found out that the bellow at it's highest point is still not enough to get it in focus.

When I compair the chassis with the newer multigraph chassis, the bellow can be much more compressed.

But the maximum bellow extension of the multigraph is less than the older model. When enlarging onto 24x30, the multigraph will need a tube.

Is there a way to adjust the bellow? The bar which moves the bellow up and down, could this one be adjusted in some way?

I hope someone got the same issue and knows a solution so I can use both systems for 4x5 and 6x6.
    Let me know when you're ready to sell this condenser head.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Willie Jan - On my L1200, the 80mm lens focuses fine on a flat lens board. Measuring the bellows unit, from the top surface where the neg carrier sits to the bottom of the lens board, I get 40mm compressed, and 240mm at full extension. The 75mm lens focuses with approx 70mm of extension.

Presumably, you have a Femocap under the head to hold the condensers ?

If so, any chance you could take some pictures and measurements - If I can't find one, I'll need to fabricate a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    Let me know when you're ready to sell this condenser head.
    Ralph - You didn't go for the one that was on fleabay last week then.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Willie Jan - On my L1200, the 80mm lens focuses fine on a flat lens board. Measuring the bellows unit, from the top surface where the neg carrier sits to the bottom of the lens board, I get 40mm compressed, and 240mm at full extension. The 75mm lens focuses with approx 70mm of extension.

Presumably, you have a Femocap under the head to hold the condensers ?

If so, any chance you could take some pictures and measurements - If I can't find one, I'll need to fabricate a replacement.

Ralph - You didn't go for the one that was on fleabay last week then.
    yep i have a femocap.
    send me a mail if you need help (also)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin