Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,220   Online: 854

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post

Just make sure it has everything because this is the Aston Martin of enlargers and it will be the equivalent of owning an Aston Martin in say South Dakota.
    Well said! I have toyed with the idea of buying a DeVere on numerous occasions, but have always held off due to the parts issue. Omegas and Beselers may be a notch below the DeVere enlargers, but there is something to be said for the fact that I could obtain almost any replacement part or accessory I needed on the second hand market for either brand in a matter of a week or two.

DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by youdogsgit View Post
    Thanks everyone. I've made a counter offer to the seller based on the good advice I've received. He has it listed on craigslist for $1 and says he wants to see it go to a good home and asks for offers, but turns out he won't take less than $600 for it, which is probably fair, but his ad is a bit misleading.
    Well...$600 is on the high end, but if it is in better than average shape and "complete" it is not entirely out of line. Lets face it, even after digital moved in and caused the prices for darkroom equipment to crash, unique quality equipment still brings premium prices (and, from what I have heard, a DeVere falls into that "quality" category).

Good luck with the counter offer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    $600 isn't too high for a De Vere, if it is in good condition, and has a good set of negative carriers. From your description it sounds as if it comes with two heads - a colour head, and the Varicon B&W head. If so the price is getting reasonable.

On the other hand, I would try and hold to your $500 limit, as that is a decent price for a 504, and it will take some moving. :^)

BTW is it floor-standing, bench, or wall-mounting?
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by youdogsgit View Post
    I'm looking at a used DeVere 504 enlarger and am new to the enlarger market and not sure what they are worth these days. I've not seen it, but the owner indicates that it has a color head, condensers for medium format and 4x5 and is in good shape and functional. He has an extra bulb for it, but doesn't sound like it comes with any lenses, negative holders, etc.

He's asking $800 for it. I've heard that these are very good enlargers, but have no idea how they compare with a D2 or other enlargers I've been looking at for substantially less money.

Any help is much appreciated.
    Just bought one last night, mint condition with mixing boxes, carriers and lensboards and an Ilford multigrade head...$50.00...Evan Clarke

DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Just bought one last night, mint condition with mixing boxes, carriers and lensboards and an Ilford multigrade head...$50.00...Evan Clarke
    Now that makes me Jealous

I love those ilford multigrade heads - it is one of the few items I have in my darkroom that I would gladly pay a premium for.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DAP View Post
    Now that makes me Jealous

I love those ilford multigrade heads - it is one of the few items I have in my darkroom that I would gladly pay a premium for.
    The man who sold it to me had 10 various enlargers for sale and said his darkroom in the new house was tiny. He thought I was probably the only person in Milwaukee who would show any interest in the DeVere and he just could not store the stuff any more...EC

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Looking for Devere 504

Hi,
    I been looking for years to find a Devere 504 enlarger with no luck. Do you have one for sale or do you know where I can find one ?

I live in Gatineau, Quebec Canada.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Alex

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Try putting an advert in the APUG Classifieds

You never know - also E-Bay may have the occasional one

Good luck

Martin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin