Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,538   Posts: 1,544,279   Online: 816

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Oh wait, that should be usable for 120 film and for other negatives up to 6cm x 11.5cm and even 9cm x 12cm, because it's a 13.5cm lens.

Zeiss Ikon's "D" cameras (6x11.5) used a 13.5cm lens. I think the 9x12 cameras, such as the Maximar, Miroflex and others, used either a 13.5cm lens or a 15cm lens as the "normal" optic.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The enlager bulbs are no longer made? So if my bulb breaks, what should i do?
    Anyway it seems to be a normal opaque bulb.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have the instruction sheet for Zeiss Ikon's 35mm enlarger -- the Magniphot.

I believe that the bulb you want is a PH211. You should be able to still buy them. I recall reading that they aren't being made anymore.

It was very easy to convert the enlarger to fluorescent.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oh, i know why, at least here in Europe, they are out of production because they are not environment-friendly. But i heard that there are similiar bulbs with a different technology inside, not with the incandescent filament anymore.
    But if i should convert the enlarger, i just have to remove the old lightning system, put a new one trough the hole, and isolate it from the outgoing light, right?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The ceramic socket is probably original and should be replaced. The wiring should be replaced too, because 70+-year-old wiring could be dangerous if the insulation has dried and cracked.

I think they stopped making the bulbs, because demand had dropped. It cost them more to make than what they got in sales (no profit). No profit = no product soon.

You want the instant-on fluorescent bulbs, not those that take 30 seconds or longer to be fully bright.

This part is very simple. The fluorescent bulbs generate very little heat. Get a piece of translucent plastic and make a small shroud that will sit inside the enlarger head.

I'll send you some photos to show you what I did with my Magniphot. It works very well, and I've had no problems with uneven coverage.

Years ago with an Omega enlarger, I once tried a regular light bulb, and the writing that was on the light bulb was also on my print! I then removed the writing, and then while setting up the enlarger, I could now see the filaments in the light bulb.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I know that for enlargers must be used only milky-white opaque lamps, for avoiding that.
    Anyway, i would be pleased to receive photos of your magniphot, because i guess it's better to change now wire and lamp... and do not wait until i get shocked...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin