Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,697   Posts: 1,549,095   Online: 1124

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Really old zeiss-ikon enlarger (medium format)

Hi everyone,
    i'm trying to find out wich enlarger i have. I found it in my grandparents home, it was used by my great grandfather. That's why i think it must be a really old one. Does someone have a catalogue where i can look at it?
    I will post as soon as possibile a picture of it. The enlarger is black and mount a Rodenstock 50mm, i guess.
    Thanks everybody,
    Elio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here are the pictures of the zeiss enlarger and last two are of a Durst that i don't know the name of.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails foto.jpg   foto2_dettaglio.jpg   foto3_dettaglio.jpg   foto4.jpg   foto5.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Zeiss Ikon (no hyphen) enlarger appears to be a Miraphot, which was first made in the 1930s. I have two of Zeiss Ikon enlargers -- for 35mm and for 120.

I was going through some literature yesterday and came across a photo of what appears to be your enlarger. Send me your e-mail address through APUG, and I will scan it for you.

Is this the enlarger with the Rodenstock lens?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the reply,
    the zeiss ikon mount a novar anastigmatic lens, it's the durst that mount the Rodenstock, i apologize.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    What numbers are on the Novar lens? I believe this is a medium format enlarger from the 1930s. It should keep its focus as you move the entire unit up or down to change the size of the enlarged image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It looks pre-WWII, I just went to look in a 1935 BJP Almanac but Zeiss don't list an enlarger. Try the Zeiss catalogues on Photoeccentric.

Welcome to APUB BTW

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by elekm View Post
    What numbers are on the Novar lens? I believe this is a medium format enlarger from the 1930s. It should keep its focus as you move the entire unit up or down to change the size of the enlarged image.
    It does keep the focus. I like it.
    The lens says 1:6,3 F=13,5cm and the number is 1311425.

@ Ian: thanks for the welcome! I can't find the Zeiss catalogues... actually, i can't find Photoeccentric neither.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My mistake, it's CameraEccentric

There's two Zeiss catalogues listed.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Interesting site... thanks!

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes, that's a medium format enlarger, and still quite usable.

The enlarger bulbs are no longer made, so I've converted my enlargers to use flourescent lights, which is fine for black and white.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin