Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,433   Online: 1076

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Michael, I don't think this would've worked for the 60 plus feet I needed for three lines under the house to the utility room, at least where I could be sure nothing's leaking.

Eli

Shooter
    35mm

Image of water manifold

Shows water hookups
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails p3n08978.jpg  

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Someone is a bit touchy today, aren't we?

Steve
    It is also bad usage faucet is more correct, lots of people this side of the pond would say faucet, e.g. in Scotland, it is becoming, has become, archic in England.

Languages do change and lots of people would be confused if you visit as a tourist, and tried to purchase one. We only use 'tap' in an engineering shop in the 'more correct' i.e. older sense.

I think the quote is 'two people separated by a common language'.

Noel

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jarosz View Post
    I use surgical latex type tubing....

John
    Surgical tubing is great but not if you will be closing off the business end to stop the water for any period of time. That may be unlikely; just be aware that latex is enormously stretchy. Even a thin stream of water will turn the closed-off tube into a big knockwurst and then into a bomb!

BTW I'm pretty impressed with the erudite responses including John Jarosz'.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by haclil View Post
    Surgical tubing is great but not if you will be closing off the business end to stop the water for any period of time. That may be unlikely; just be aware that latex is enormously stretchy. Even a thin stream of water will turn the closed-off tube into a big knockwurst and then into a bomb!

BTW I'm pretty impressed with the erudite responses including John Jarosz'.
    I use surgical tubing in my darkroom - water exits from the temperature unit, and drops into a PVC pipe, which splits into two pipes, each of which runs along the leading edge of each sink. I have multiple drop points, with a valve at each point, with the tubing coming off of that. I can then access water at multiple points along the sink without going back to the mains....

But, as is mentioned above, you have to make sure that you don't obstruct the tubing at all. If you do block it off, it will stretch. If you catch it in time, you'll be fine, but you'll create a weak point in the tubing which will be prone to 'expanding', and eventually bursting. Don't ask me how I know this.

I will say, it's amazing how much stretch latex tubing has in it
    Cheers!

-klm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin