Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,280   Online: 1163

Shooter
    35mm

Canvas Cleaning? (Rotary Dryer)

For those of you who are currently, or have used rotary print dryers in the past, would you happen to know how to remove the canvas so that it can be washed.

Also, when in use, does the drum rotate or stay stationary?

Jamusu.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found that the canvas was too stained to wash. I bought a new apron for around $100. It came with instructions on how to remove the old apron and how to install and adjust the new one.

Which dryer do you have?

Where do you live? I and others are not going to recommend a supply place or warehouse when the OP may not even live on the same continent. IIRC APUG does not charge members for showing their location. [Sarcasm supplied at not charge either.]

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How to remove the canvas depends on the drier. The small common Japanese driers are a real PITA. Usually you remove the side plate that doesn't have the controls mounted to it.

When working the drum and the canvas both move. You put the print face up on the bottom canvas as it feeds into the drum. In theory the print pops off the drum at the top and falls into a collection basket - in practice the print hangs on by a corner and gets carried back into the drier where it is mangled and crushed.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My rotary print dryer had to be almost completely disassembled. Just enough work to make replacement a better option than cleaning, finding out that cleaning did not do enough and then going through the complete tear down again with a new apron.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The big Pako ones are a PITA too, which are the only ones I've dealt with.
    In any case, after washing, put the canvas back on the drier damp. If you dry it first, it will likely shrink enough that you'll never get it on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    If you dry it first, it will likely shrink enough that you'll never get it on.
    Been there, done that.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    It is a 24" X 28" Weaco roto photo print dryer made by warren electric.

Jamusu.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin