Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,892   Online: 1159

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: b&w enlarger???

Shooter
    Holga
    Images

b&w enlarger???

i'm really uneducated when it comes to enlargers. i ofter see omega b-600s for sale cheap (craigslist). is this a good enlarger? what are some other's that are worth looking at?

thanks
    -Jake

Photography by the seat of my pants.

Shooter
    35mm
    Omega has been in the enlarger biz for ages, im not familiar with the 600 but doing a google search it seems to get OK reviews & at the right price & a good lens you'll be off to a great start - making your own prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought one new a long time ago, I changed out the condenser head, by taking it off, and put an Aristo cold light head in it, they just drop right in, then I got an El Nikkor 75mm lens and it produced some sweet prints. Inexpensive easy to operate and outstanding for a simple enlarger. If you get one get the cold light and a good enlarging lens as I noted and you can't go wrong. The Omega B600 enlarger is a 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 maximum enlarger. Great for any size up to 6x6cm.

Good luck
    Curt
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    thanks for your input, 6x6 is the next size i'm going to move into, so that would be perfect. it's listed for $100 with a bunch of other dark room stuff (trays, safe light, etc.) i can't imagine this isn't a reasonable price for any enlarger.
    -Jake

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These days $100 is a lot for an enlarger especially for a B600 even with other darkroom stuff.
    I bought an in the box b600 for $11 and a full D5 Darkroom for $100.
    Recenlty I saw a complete D5 Dichroic darkroom with many lenses, carriers etc and a 16x20 easel worth $200-300 on its own go for 99c because it was pick up only and in Corpus Christie TX.

Try talk them down frm the $100 range and the B600 will suit you as a beginner enlarger. Just keep in mind the lens is more important than the enlarger in many cases.
    Do this one come with any lenses? If so which ones.

good luck

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    i emailed to find out about the lens. it doesn't specify, not much detail really.

what about something like this http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...332365372.html

it seems like it would be everything i would ever need. although the asking price is probably more that i want to spend.
    -Jake

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikkor lenses are amongst the best as long as the are in good condition.

That is a lot of stuff for just starting out.

The D2 is a very robust enlarger, big and heavy so make sure you have room for it.
    Also, the D2 is probably pretty old so make sure it is not too beat up, but if taken care of they last for ages.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerJake View Post
    i emailed to find out about the lens. it doesn't specify, not much detail really.

what about something like this http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...332365372.html

it seems like it would be everything i would ever need. although the asking price is probably more that i want to spend.
    So tell him you really want it bad but only have $200 (or what ever amount suits your budget) and ask if he would consider it.

All they can say is no, then again, you might be surprised.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also tell him that it will go to a really good home and be well loved and exercised regularly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw both of those ads. I think the D-2 is the better deal. You'll have everything you need (even a little dry mount press). It will also allow you to grow into larger formats than 6x6. If you're committed to darkroom work, go for the D-2 package.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin