Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,545   Posts: 1,544,480   Online: 1053

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    However we could probably add a third "off" setting to the User Options display menu which already has a "dim / bright" setting. Would that be useful?
    Seems to me, that some low level glow from the display should be harmless. How else could one tray-process sheet film and use the timer anywhere nearby? So far I placed a ND filter over the display when tray or tank processing, but I never tested whether that was really necessary for my setup.
    I think the 'total darkness' required for handling film is really a 'relative darkness', a 'relatively total darkness'.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Low tech solution.
    How about a small black cloth to throw on top of the display.
    I know it is a small detail, but RH Designs makes the best stuff! Besides, I have a Gralab 900 and I can turn the display off. As it turns out, I use the Process Timer II manual to place over the display to turn it "off."
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I prefer having an analog timer....I have a couple of great GraLabs. I would like to try out some of the Time-O-Lite timers. I just love there vintage look!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin