Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,961   Posts: 1,523,135   Online: 970

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSeb View Post
    Now I remember. This thing can be tripped by running the unit dry, or other iniquities. I remember having to reset it on my ATL-1000; I haven't had to do it yet on my 1500.
    Well it's good that it will shut itself off before frying itself.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    35mm
    I am using a Jobo ATL 1500. Running the machine dry by accident will invoke the thermal circuit breaker in order to avoid overheating or burning.
    For a reset you have to remove the top cover around the on/off switch. You can look inside the machine then. Straight down you can see an electronics board. When the machine is running, a red LED will indicate that the heating is on. For a reset you must trigger the reset button with a thin pencil. The reset button is placed on the electronics board.
    Another reason for nil heating can be a malfunction of a little trigger which gets lifted by the waterplane inside the tank. You can find the trigger by grabbing inside the tank. Next to the six bottles containing the chemicals there is a rectangular hole inside the front wall next to the bottom of the tank. Grab inside this hole. The floating trigger is on the right side (the side where the on/off button sits). Move the floating trigger and check the red LED.
    For a repair you can ask the competent and friendly Mr. Seynsche:
    Fotolaborservice K.-D. Seynsche
    Feldstrasse 41
    51702 Bergneustadt
    Germany
    Tel.: +49 (0)2261 41114
    Fax: +49 (0)2261 920158
    Mobil: 0170/4652734
    Email: kds@fotolaborservice.de
    Web: www.fotolaborservice.de

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrijan View Post
    I am using a Jobo ATL 1500. Running the machine dry by accident will invoke the thermal circuit breaker in order to avoid overheating or burning.
    For a reset you have to remove the top cover around the on/off switch. You can look inside the machine then. Straight down you can see an electronics board. When the machine is running, a red LED will indicate that the heating is on. For a reset you must trigger the reset button with a thin pencil. The reset button is placed on the electronics board.
    Another reason for nil heating can be a malfunction of a little trigger which gets lifted by the waterplane inside the tank. You can find the trigger by grabbing inside the tank. Next to the six bottles containing the chemicals there is a rectangular hole inside the front wall next to the bottom of the tank. Grab inside this hole. The floating trigger is on the right side (the side where the on/off button sits). Move the floating trigger and check the red LED.
    For a repair you can ask the competent and friendly Mr. Seynsche:
    Fotolaborservice K.-D. Seynsche
    Feldstrasse 41
    51702 Bergneustadt
    Germany
    Tel.: +49 (0)2261 41114
    Fax: +49 (0)2261 920158
    Mobil: 0170/4652734
    Email: kds@fotolaborservice.de
    Web: www.fotolaborservice.de

Hmm, Adrijan (anybody?) where exactly on that circuit board is the reset button? I cant see it at all! I have the ATL-1500, I can see the red LED but no reset button!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I sold a Jobo processor that turned out to be a spare. The previous owner said that the motor and heater were working. When my buyer received it, the motor worked but the heater did not. I had him contact Dave Smith in Los Angeles who walked the buyer through the repair on the telephone. The reset switch had shifted during shipping. By moving it back in place and pushing the connectors on better, it was fully functional again.

These type of problems are either not written up in the instructions or just glossed over.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Once I decided to give up, go watch some TV with a glass of wine and stop looking for the reset button on circuit board it suddenly appeared to me!

Its not on the green circuit board at all! it was in the place like the picture angusgr described, which I too first saw but discounted it early on because the button doesnt push (at all) and I couldnt associate the picture with what I was looking at, I wasnt sure what location the picture was showing (the underneath of unit or from top?) ! I tried to push the button as suggested but its just a solid bit of plastic that no amount of pushing moves it! so I moved on to looking on circut board

So, as these things happen, once I sat down and decided not to bother with it the solution came to me and I noticed how the pic resembled the veiw from looking down into the machine, from under the control panel (head?) on the top, disgusted with my solid lump of plastic where everyone else got a button to push (how fair is that!) I pulled my lump of plastic UP and that was the reset switch problem solved and the wine tasted even better

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Love Apug, love the internet

My heater in my Jobo ATL 1000 crapped out today between process runs. I had just started to develop my 86 rolls of 35 and 120 from my European 2010 summer trip. Before freaking out and picking up the processor in a fit of rage I decided to see if my good analog friends online had any solutions.

So it is that I found this thread here and pushed in my little black button as per "angusgr's" post. The button made a warm mechanical click that leads me to believe that my world of analog is safe again once more.

I will promptly run a test right now and see. I'll keep you posted.

This scary little moment also made me realize how worthwhile it is to maintain a subscription with Apug to ensure that this generous film community stays around to help us all learn, educate, troubleshoot and share each others experiences with this wonderful medium.

I'm gonna sign up right now! (even if my processor fails to work).

[QUOTE=angusgr;851822]Oh wow, I can't believe how simple this turned out to be.

The "fridge thermostat thing" was indeed a thermal circuit breaker. I pulled it out and was looking at it when I noticed it had a big button on top of it. Press the button, breaker resets and goes close circuit. Reinstalled, and I have a heater! A test process is running now.
    David S. Nardi Photography
    'preserving the beauty in nature'
    www.davidnardi.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It works! I simply removed the 3 screws that keeps the control panel in place, moved it aside and located the reset button in the unit.
    David S. Nardi Photography
    'preserving the beauty in nature'
    www.davidnardi.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Many thanks to all the above!

My ATL 1000 stopped heating and I found this thread - the reset did the trick so many thanks to all who contributed to this thread! FWIW I had put just a bit too little water in to the machine and that tripped the switch - idiot!

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Aaarrgghh!

Then half way through the bleach cycle the machine switched itself off - never done that before. Came back on a bit later though - am running a test run just now. Very strange...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin