Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,117   Online: 881

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Wow- I'd really like to get my hands on one of those operating mauals of the L1200 Varipoint. I just got my hands on this enlarger from UCLA's Biology Department that happened to be gently used for $400.00 but, alas, it came without a manual and even though I've used a Durst enlarger for a year, it was not this model. I'm lost- so very lost. And, something you said about opal bulbs caught my eye. What is that and why the switch?

I hate to drag you away from enlarging the next masterpiece but, selfishly, I appreciate your overwhelming generosity and the time you've taken to compile this information.

Shooter
    35mm

Durst L1200 manual

Hi
    I’m a Portuguese photographer that bought a Durst L1200 a few days ago, unfortunately the seller only have the manual in German. I’m trying to find out who I can have it in English when I find you.
    Can you send me the manual?
    If so, my email address is paulopintao@gmail.com
    Thank you.
    Many regards
    Paulo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rob3rt5
    Wow- I'd really like to get my hands on one of those operating manuals for the L1200 Varipoint. I just got my hands on this enlarger from UCLA's Biology Department that was used gently for $400.00 but, alas, it came without a manual and even though I've used a Durst enlarger for a year, it was not this model. I'm lost- so very lost. And, something you said about opal bulbs caught my eye. What is that and why the switch?

I appreciate the time you've taken to compile this information and your overwhelming generosity.
    Hi all, I know it's been a while since the last posting, but if anyone could send me a copy of the manual for the L1200 (I have a BW) I'd be eternally grateful. Happy New Year!

Wally Ip

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Durst Varipoint Bulb

Hi there,
    I too just found a Durst Varipoint enlarger, but also have no manual. If you are still around, I would LOVE to have a copy of yours!

Also, can you please tell me more about this conversion to an Opal bulb. My pulamp bulb just popped.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Quote Originally Posted by nomoreroger View Post
    Hey all,

just wanted to throw this out there since I spent a lot of time searching for them. I got a Durst L1200 EM also known as a Durst L1200 Varipoint Enlarger for free. It was barely ever used...purchased for an electron microscope lab that didn't get a lot of use. It came with two lenses (schneider componon-S 50mm and 150mm), two sets of condensers, some negative carriers, a really nice grain focuser, a Gralab 545 timer, and some various other insundries including the transformer. It did not come with a manual. After much looking, I actually emailed Durst in Italy and they sent one for free. The manual they sent is for the more common Variable contrast head, B&W condenser (standard) head, and the Dicrho.

I went back to my source for the enlarger and was able to get the original manual for the Varipoint head.

So, now I have both manuals scanned as .pdf files in the event that someone needs them. I feel that since Durst sent the manual to me for free, I would be doing them a favor (they paid for postage from Italy). If you have a Varipoint (point light source) head like I do, then chances are you won't find a manual anywhere (mine says 1986 on the copyright, though the enlarger was bought new in 1995). Durst didn't even offer to sell me one.

Anyway... now I am waiting for the opal lamp holder I ordered from Jens at Durst Pro so I can convert the head into a standard condender (albeit a really snazzy one with coated condensers and a coated mirror!). The opal lamp holder costs LESS than a new point light source BULB!

Now I need to get cracking on building my basement darkroom! I was going to hold off indefinitely, but a free L1200 is a little crazy. It is so tall I will probably have to put the baseboard on the floor for it to work.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi everyone! Dear nomoreroger, I would also like to get both manual files.. Please send it to vsementsov*gmail.com

thanks!!
    Last edited by SVS Inc; 08-16-2007 at 05:58 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spelling

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Hi! I'm waiting for manual from you
    my email you can find in my public profile
    thanks!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clogz View Post
    Erik,
    You could try: www.oldtimercameras.co.uk
    Sorry for not saying thank you, earlier.
    It worked.

Now the problem is that it is rather complicated and I´m afraid to assemble it wrong.
    I don´t want to make things worse...

Thank you very much for the tip.

edz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindi Cooper View Post
    Hi there,
    I too just found a Durst Varipoint enlarger, but also have no manual. If you are still around, I would LOVE to have a copy of yours!
    Still don't have a copy. Would be nice (but clearly not mission critical).

Also, can you please tell me more about this conversion to an Opal bulb. My pulamp bulb just popped.
    There are sockets available for using 2-pin halogen (GX) bulbs in E27 fixtures. I got one that was intended for studio lights. Screw adapter into a Durst E27 bulb fixture--- actually the same fixture for the Pulam (which is also a screw type E27 base)-- and bulb into adapter. Power plug into the the Variopoint controller (vario transformer). The bulb can be adjusted forwards, up, down, backwards. One adjusts until the filament is a point. Bi-pin 12v Halogen projector bulbs (for example the 50 watt BRL lamp) are common and inexpensive. The Osram Sylvania (58684, 64458AX) is 12v/90w and a good match. I got a 100 watt bulb from a larger fixture of a better grade from Osram that was intended for use in a scanner. The only advantage of the Pulam is that it saves the need for an adapter-- although one could just wire up a bulb to the socket part of an old E27 household bulb. The Variopoint is a 20v source and is designed to overdrive the bulb. Start on low (recall since we don't have use of the lens aperture we need to control the light level via a transformer).
    Edward C. Zimmermann
    BSn R&D // http://www.nonmonotonic.net

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Again a very late addition to the discussion. If anyone has a PDF manual (instruction or repair), would they be so kind as to email me a copy (nonnecke-at-gmail.com). Much appreciated.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Me too please. Operating and repair if possible. I have recieved an L1200 as a donation, but it doesn't seem to lock in position. It'll hold position with about 15 additional pounds of balast on top of the head, but I don't think that's really safe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin