Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,954   Online: 811

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got a old radio and CD player(the cd player broke recently).So at nite I'll listen to Coast to Coast with Jim Norie,the rest of the time listen to the exhaust fan.Gotta get a new sound system.

Shooter
    Medium Format

necessary darkroom music equipment

I play my THEREMIN when processing film. It's certainly retro, (invented in the '20s), it works by moving one's hands near two antennas to produce music. The stainless Kindermann tanks and reels allow much greater working distance from the antennas and the tanks get nice even agitation.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A record player in the darkroom...now your talking! I have never thought about it. That sounds great!
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzingoose View Post
    I play my THEREMIN when processing film. It's certainly retro, (invented in the '20s), it works by moving one's hands near two antennas to produce music. The stainless Kindermann tanks and reels allow much greater working distance from the antennas and the tanks get nice even agitation.
    Do the good vibrations help with agitation as well?

I've only seen one Theremin performance (more art than pop) and I couldn't really believe what was happening.

Regards - Ross

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, there is `Music to be murdered by´ and seemingly music to develop by...

I hope that a company whose name I rather not state, but which is busy with photographic gadgets is not reading this thread and enjoy us with darkroom music.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    clock radio or cheep "boom box"
    black tape over the led and college radio
    or npr ...
    in boston it was easy, wzbc or mbr, or mfo was always
    good and always on ... here it is ok but my reception isn't the best

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    I wouldn't play LP's in the darkroom. Too much opportunity for getting some chemicals on the records. Also, the 20 minute play time is a bit short. Do you really want your stylus circling the label, while you need to tend to a print?
    My father had a Pye Stereogram circa 1964 which allowed as I recall about 6 or 8 LPs to be stacked on a long spindle. As each LP finished the arm would retreat, the next LP would drop and the arm would move across again. Lo-fi and prone to mishaps but sometimes he wouldn't have to leave his lounge chair for hours as Louis Armstrong, Besse Smith and Billie Holiday wailed.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    I wouldn't play LP's in the darkroom. Too much opportunity for getting some chemicals on the records. Also, the 20 minute play time is a bit short. Do you really want your stylus circling the label, while you need to tend to a print?
    the "forced skip"
    is as good as a metronome

Shooter
    35mm

Retro sound

Quote Originally Posted by Stan160 View Post
    I've been enjoying the Proms season on Radio 3 over the last few weeks. My radio charges off the mains but runs from batteries, with the display illumination and power LED off. Ideal for the darkroom
    Ian
    Me too - mid-July to mid September in UK is a great time to disappear into the cellar darkroom from 7.30 til 10 pm and listen to Proms whilst being creative. The darkroom is also a great place to run your hi-fi separates which have been banished by her indoors from the sitting room. So down there I have my Sinclair Project 60 with Z50 power amps, homemade Wharfedale Unit 3 speakers, an FM tuner connected to an FM aerial in the roof, and a cassette deck to record the Prom for later listening in the car (had to plumb in a Walkman to the car dashboard for that as cars these days only have tinny digital CD players). There is also a deck, Garrard SP 25, for vinyl 33s, as I occasionally buy LPs to record onto cassette for playing in the car, Out of Prom season I listen to Radio 3 or Classic FM, or Sounds of the Sixties with Simon Dee recorded back in the 80s on Saturday mornings.
    I used to tape over the blue and orange LED displays of the tuner and tape player, but don't bother now as I couldn't detect any fogging; they aren't really anywhere near the critical areas.
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My record player can be loaded with 6 LPs so if I had a darkroom I think it would be a while before I had to worry about flipping them. The record player is pretty automatic too. I would just have to flip them and pull a handle and it the needle would find the record itself.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin