Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,968   Online: 1017

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bose speakers, Sony amp, and John Coltrane or Duke Ellington or most any other jazz artist.

Other speakers work so does my NAD integrated amp. When the system is updraded, the old goes to the darkroom.

Gregorian chant on the boom box certainly helps my creativity in the dark room. Music on AM radio has nice a warm feel to it, especially blues, but unfortunately AM is all talk radio in my neck of the woods.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mozart in the darkroom.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder if pros like Ansel Adams put any music on while in the darkroom.....
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Kraftwerk is perfect for the darkroom. Autobahn. I don't mess with LPs, even though I like them. I don't like touching things like that with wet hands.

Quote Originally Posted by tiberiustibz View Post
    So although I have found myself a fan of the darkroom meditation without music, the 3 minute process of every color confirming strip is seeming longer every time and it's high time for some music in the darkroom. So I think this change comes in stages but after moving into archaic color processes I've now felt the need to play LPs in the darkroom. What do you find necessary darkroom music equipment? I have been a fan of the iPod but I feel the mood and pace of an LP would more closely match the darkroom. Does anyone else of the younger generation use LPs or even listen to them in the darkroom? I was shown a music store with LPs of modern artists (most even include MP3 downloads) and have been accumulating a stack ever since...
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    35mm RF
    5 disc changer, Denon amp and a pair of B&W speakers push whatever I'm in the mood for. I am in the middle of a jazz exploration (Coltrane, Lester Young , etc.), but a little surf music ( Dick Dale, Spies who Surf) has made it into the mix.
    Dad, is the lens cap suppose to be on?.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been listening to LPs and 78s on my Zenith Cobra-Matic stacker for about a year now. Six records in a row, auto shutoff and no lighted parts. Perfect.

Shooter
    35mm
    No room for a turntable or speakers in my dark-closet, so I record LPs with my minidisc player and wear headphones. It works very well probably because it's so quiet in there.
    f/22 and be there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin