Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,897   Posts: 1,521,013   Online: 809

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Retro Darkroom Music

So although I have found myself a fan of the darkroom meditation without music, the 3 minute process of every color confirming strip is seeming longer every time and it's high time for some music in the darkroom. So I think this change comes in stages but after moving into archaic color processes I've now felt the need to play LPs in the darkroom. What do you find necessary darkroom music equipment? I have been a fan of the iPod but I feel the mood and pace of an LP would more closely match the darkroom. Does anyone else of the younger generation use LPs or even listen to them in the darkroom? I was shown a music store with LPs of modern artists (most even include MP3 downloads) and have been accumulating a stack ever since...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I listen to the Craig Charles Funk and Soul show online on BBC Radio 6 and just crank the speakers plugged into my laptop louder in the next room.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    You could get a harmonica....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I generally use my iPod, but also have a CD player in my darkroom at home, the turn table/stereo system is too far away from the darkroom to be used, but I do listen to my records while I'm at the light table in the other room...

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sirius sattellite w/docking station and deep tracks, sometimes outlaw. At this moment outlaw. Sometimes when the mood strikes I break out Peter Gabriel, Frank Zappa, or some other '70s rock.
    Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've been enjoying the Proms season on Radio 3 over the last few weeks. My radio charges off the mains but runs from batteries, with the display illumination and power LED off. Ideal for the darkroom
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I prefer to stick with classical music:

Joplin, Hendrix and Creme.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wouldn't play LP's in the darkroom. Too much opportunity for getting some chemicals on the records. Also, the 20 minute play time is a bit short. Do you really want your stylus circling the label, while you need to tend to a print?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think i have the best system I could imagine for my darkroom. I use an older iPod Mini in a remote control/dock (monochrome LCD!) with an small, old NAD receiver powering an old Polk bookshelf speaker. This was all stuff I had laying around. The receiver is nice since it only has a small, red LED display easily covered by an electrical tape flag. LPs seem like they'd be too short and too prone to damage in the darkroom. The type of music depends on how I feel that day. I have pretty eclectic tastes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin