Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,401   Online: 697

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Jobo ATL-1000 with Jobo 1500 series tanks?

OK, another newbie question:

I just got my "new" ATL-1000 heating properly, and it's rolling away doing a dummy run when I notice the tanks aren't really immersed in the water. I noticed before that the longer tank doesn't sit right on the rollers

I bought this along with 3 1500-series Jobo tanks. The store also had some larger 2500-series tanks, but the manager told me these were for the other, larger, processor they were selling.

Did I get ripped? I just saw Jobo's website says that, with a cog, 1500s can be used "on all processors equipped with a JOBO Lift (except ATL" (and then it cuts off.)

Is that correct? :o

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You need 25xx tanks for the ATL-1000 and -1500. AFAIK, the 15xx tanks cannot be used with those processors.

You probably got ignorant-ed, rather than ripped.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Michael. Yeah, ripped is probably an exaggeration. I was just frustrated that I finally had this thing working and then realised I have the wrong tanks for it. .

(Backstory: I was living in NYC earlier this year and I bought the processor from a camera store in Long Island, lugged it all the way back to Australia, and spent a few months getting it all together and working. I should learn to be less ambitious slash foolhardy.)

EDIT: And the store I bought it from closed their doors in April. Must have been victims of the downturn. .
    Last edited by angusgr; 08-26-2009 at 09:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    To throw an idea out there, I'm wondering how hard it would be to modify the ATL-1000 to work with the smaller tanks. The two requirements I can think of are raising the lift rollers to give proper support to the smaller tanks, and raising the water bath level about 1-1.5cm (at the moment it _just_ touchs the bottom of the tanks.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am not sure how you'd raise the lift rollers; they appear to be affixed more or less permanently to the bottom of the water-bath tank.

What did you do to adapt the machine to Australia's 240V mains current? New plug or adapter of course...but what about the motor?
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSeb View Post
    I am not sure how you'd raise the lift rollers; they appear to be affixed more or less permanently to the bottom of the water-bath tank.
    I was thinking I could either mount a new pair of rollers somewhere else on the lift rails, maybe next to the existing ones. Or remove the existing rollers themselves (pull out the axles) and make some small plastic extensions to the roller brackets, so they sit a little higher up. It'd be fiddly, but it doesn't seem impossible.

If anyone with a 25xx tank is feeling generous, could you measure the diameter of the base for me?

I'm actually more worried about raising the water bath. It seems like the depth is designed into the shape of the unit, so raising it increases the chances of water going somewhere it is not supposed to, if it's possible at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSeb View Post
    What did you do to adapt the machine to Australia's 240V mains current? New plug or adapter of course...but what about the motor?
    I bought a 1000W 240V->115V stepdown converter. It's a big box with two US-style power outlets on it.

I had emailed Jobo about converting it. Klaus from fotolaborservice explained that the heater element needs changing, and some components on the main board (transformer & others.) I didn't enquire to price, at the time it seemed too complicated (I hadn't yet dismantled it at that point.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by angusgr View Post
    To throw an idea out there, I'm wondering how hard it would be to modify the ATL-1000 to work with the smaller tanks. The two requirements I can think of are raising the lift rollers to give proper support to the smaller tanks, and raising the water bath level about 1-1.5cm (at the moment it _just_ touchs the bottom of the tanks.)
    You must use the 2500 tanks.They come with the ATL and are NOT add on extras. There are only 2 that fit. No ATL 1000 or 1500 was sold without them. Mine have no markings of any kind.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred De Van View Post
    You must use the 2500 tanks.
    Out of curiosity, do you know of any other reason for this apart from the water bath depth and the roller height? The cogs certainly appear identical, the 15xx tank clips in and will go through the motions just fine (it just won't be sitting flat on the rollers, or properly immersed in the water bath.)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Angusgr, the 25xx tank is about 135mm diameter, +/- 1mm, as precisely as I can measure it.

I haven't inquired of them lately, but I think OmegaSatter still services the Jobo units in the US. I've often wondered what I'd do if my goes balls-up. They are getting harder to find on that auction site.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by angusgr View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you know of any other reason for this apart from the water bath depth and the roller height? The cogs certainly appear identical, the 15xx tank clips in and will go through the motions just fine (it just won't be sitting flat on the rollers, or properly immersed in the water bath.)
    There would be no reason to inquire since it is a question which has no reason to arise. Any one pondering about the 1500 tanks would already have the 2500 tanks since they are supplied to all. The reels are too small and they limit the capacities you already have. There is noting to gain and much to loose. Add to that, 1500 tanks are dimensionally incomparable and cannot be used. (there are no time/capacity info to use them even if you wanted to).

The manager told you wrong. Two 2500 tanks are a part of the machine and necessary in order to use it at all. ATL 1500 manual, Data sheet and specifications are still on the JoBo website. The 1000/1500 has NOT been deleted from the active catalog and are still a production item.
    Just as you need a take up spool in a 120 size camera, you need the dedicated components which come with it. They happen to be unmarked 2500 tanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin