Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,155   Online: 1051

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pretty common to just dump RC prints in a bucket and then wash and hang later. Make sure you've got atleast 10L or so to help offset residual fixer.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

3 changes of water, interleave for 60 sec in each bath. Fill a second tray while you are interleaving the first.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I stack my prints in a holding tray

When I have accumulated enough or want a break, I take them out and if they are RC rinse them under running water.

For FB I put my archival washer in the bath tub and carry the wet prints up to it in an otherwise empty tray.

I have found it wise not to try and move even part filled trays of water round the house - the carpets took ages to dry

It’s probably not the best idea to leave a whole evening or days worth of prints accumulating to be dealt with in one go.

Given enough time RC will start to delaminate - but you have to apply serious neglect to achieve this

Practically, I find leaving a few wet/damp prints to dry is not a problem - there are usually plenty of places to put them - but a whole sessions worth in one go (YMMV)?

Martin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin