Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,879   Online: 1032

Shooter
    35mm

Attaching multi-grade filters.

Hello APUG.
    I purchased several years ago a small “portable” enlarger, full title “Ilford Portable Enlarger, made by Micro Precision Products Ltd. Kingston on Thames London.” and it is just that, a wooden box larger than a briefcase housing a enlarger.

My question is does anyone have an idea how I could attach a multi-grade filter system to this enlarger. It would seem that it was built before the multi-grade system was invented. It would also seem to have a very odd sized lens in it that is not a screw mount in the slightest ( you unscrew it and that serves as your focus as far as I can gather.) and has a smaller diameter than other enlarger lenses I have used.

I would like to use this enlarger because it works well with my current bathroom/darkroom as I am already running out of space with trays in the bathtub.

Anyone used one of these before?

Regards

-Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford introduced the first Multigrade way before MPP started production

You need the below the lens filter set, they work very wel,l I used them for years with my Johnsons 5x4 enlarger.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    thank you for the correction and the speedy reply. I had heard of the below lens filter set but wasn't sure if it would work (didn't want to waste money that could be used on paper.) Well off to ebay for a filter set.

Thanks again.

-Doug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin